• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy's 75 yard TD to Anderson, longest since...

Jeremy Igo

Just now, SmartyHurney said:

Yeah it is, completely irrelevant.

A completely broken coverage results in a 25 yard touchdown pass, WOW!

It showed nothing about how the Panthers will do this year, nothing.  You would have to be an absolute fool to try and extrapolate this anyway into this season. If anything it's not Teddy's "touchdown", it's Anderson. If you wanted to create a thread on why Robby Anderson was a great signing, showing the play, and why the Panthers paid him, go for it, but the way you're framing this is a joke.

It was so much of a non-event the commentators didn't even bring up that irrelevant stat, and they LOVE THAT KIND OF poo!

it is not a 25 yard TD.  Wtf. It was 75 yards.  It isn't just about Teddy, it is also about Anderson.  Thats why both got mentioned.  In the title. In the post.

what is with this place, goddamn.

I don’t get why we cut a guy who is a former mvp because he supposedly can’t throw it deep after shoulder surgeries for a guy who absolutely, 100% cannot throw it deep and has never been able to for 63 million dollars. And then we get fast ass wide receivers who can stretch the field but we cannot get the ball to them. This offense will get exposed very quickly.

Just now, TheRumGone said:

I don’t get why we cut a guy who is a former mvp because he supposedly can’t throw it deep after shoulder surgeries for a guy who absolutely, 100% cannot throw it deep and has never been able to for 63 million dollars. And then we get fast ass wide receivers who can stretch the field but we cannot get the ball to them. This offense will get exposed very quickly.

cam was not cut because "he can't throw deep."  that is, unless you have inside info. please share if so.  everyone i've heard has said it is because they dont think he can play at a high level for a full season.  maybe they're wrong - frankly I hope they are - but I haven't heard it said Cam was cut because of his lack of deep ball.

6 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

cam was not cut because "he can't throw deep."  that is, unless you have inside info. please share if so.  everyone i've heard has said it is because they dont think he can play at a high level for a full season.  maybe they're wrong - frankly I hope they are - but I haven't heard it said Cam was cut because of his lack of deep ball.

It’s been said on this very forum that we should move on from cam because his arm is shot and he can’t stretch the field and defenses will zone in on that. The owner of this site saying his arm won’t last a full season. That may turn out to be true. We don’t know. But signing a guy who throws ducks deep when we have 3 INSANELY fast WRs is going to get us exposed very quickly. 

my point is the qb doesn’t match what we need to be able to do on offense. I understand he knows the system or whatever or he’s just a stop gap. But poo I’d rather throw Grier out there and hope for the best, save that money and get a high draft pick.

8 minutes ago, Smithers said:

It’s not like cam made many good throws today. Teddy put up more points than cam. 

Cam was threading the needle and making good throws all game. Did you watch any of his game?

He was also more accurate.

As for points, he didn’t need to put up more than Teddy

Archived