• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For the Joe Brady critics

Jeremy Igo

16 hours ago, MHS831 said:

IT would not have been a bad call (maybe) if he had not already run the same play on 4th down earlier.  And Armah barely got the first then.

This, FB dive is a play you should never consistently rely on. A one off use of it here and there isn't a bad option but we literally ran the exact same play earlier in the game. Raiders D probably knew it was coming before the snap of the ball.

12 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

He is getting a lot of money

he got HIS QB 

im not feeling real generous for the boy genius 

Honestly, I don't think that's necessarily an unfair take. He has to be one of the highest paid coordinators in football and yes, we went out and got the QB he wanted. Yes, there will be bumps in the road as he grows as a play caller but then again a season with minimal expectations is a fine time to work through those bumps. This is still much more about the five year plan than it is about a quick fix.

17 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:
17 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Not really concerned about the last call. Much more concerned about how quickly the raiders figured out his scheme and shut it down until we went back to a CMC heavy game.

Doesn't every team get back to their running game when struggling for a jumpstart?

I'm quite happy that they actually changed the game plan to something that was working instead of sticking with what was not.

18 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Guy went from being LSU's passing game coordinator to putting up 30 points in his first NFL game. 

I'd say that is pretty impressive by any standard. Excited to see him improve. 

Not gonna lie, I kind of hope he sucks this year, so he doesn't leave. Having his expertise wasted on this team, this year, seems horrible. 

You know in the NFL, defenses do this thing called disguise. You have a rookie OC calling his first NFL game against a veteran game caller on both sides of the ball. We did a great job, especially considering all of the mitigating circumstances. Brady will get a lot better over time, especially when film on the other team becomes available. College teams do not disguise their defenses as often and elaborately as NFL teams do. Joe Brady and our offense will be just fine, the defense I am more concerned about. I hope Luke is in there coaching that LB core up.

24 minutes ago, philit99 said:

You know in the NFL, defenses do this thing called disguise. You have a rookie OC calling his first NFL game against a veteran game caller on both sides of the ball. We did a great job, especially considering all of the mitigating circumstances. Brady will get a lot better over time, especially when film on the other team becomes available. College teams do not disguise their defenses as often and elaborately as NFL teams do. Joe Brady and our offense will be just fine, the defense I am more concerned about. I hope Luke is in there coaching that LB core up.

Agree with you here and would add that without preseason, Brady hasn't seen our line in action until now in game situations. He may have simply had more faith than was warranted. I'm willing to give him a few games to become accustomed to what we have to work with.

Archived