• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For the Joe Brady critics

Jeremy Igo

Offense wasn’t the issue really today. We also have had such poo offensive coordinators in our history of a franchise that anything will be exciting. 

30 points should and would win most games in the nfl. Look today and I believe before 4:25 only 2 games hit that score or higher. 

The 4th and 1 play call was poo, but if our defense wouldn’t have given up almost 7 yards a play, 4.6 yards per carry, 3 rushing TDs, and let Carr complete over 75% of his passes, we would have won that game. my biggest concern is and has been if Snow can translate to the nfl, and if the defense can show any improvement 

My only gripe was the cutesy bubble screen stuff, but other than that overall very satisfied with the look of the offense. Its nice to see the distribution out there with no preseason it was good to see that confidence and watching them gel, still gotta lot of work to do but the future looks bright on offense. Also, fully expect 1-3 bad calls as he is new, but until we become stale and start shula ball I will not complain.

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think people had some unrealistic expectations for him.

He's not going to get every play right. He's going to call bad games. It happens, even to the best of them.

I know a lot of folks are expecting him to get a head coaching offer at the end of this season. That's far from guaranteed.

He is getting a lot of money

he got HIS QB 

im not feeling real generous for the boy genius 

4 hours ago, Shocker said:

He called a pretty good game overall but no way am I overlooking that horrible play call.  That was really bad IMO.

We ran that play earlier and picked up a 1st down. The difference is our blocking on that play got completely blown up. Our run blocking for much of the day left much to be desired. 

Overall, better than expected but it’s all you can ask for under the circumstances. 

4 hours ago, Jacabee said:

I felt he was great until he felt he was great. Still trying to rationalize giving the ball to anyone other than CMC on 4th and inches with the game on the line. CMC sneezes and falls forward.

Our blocking got blown up on that play - at least that’s what I saw. Hopefully our run blocking gets better as the season progresses.

39 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty sure this is Brady's first time ever calling a game solo.

Not a bad first outing, but there's room to grow.

We have to be realistic. There’s definitely room for improvement but an overall solid performance on offense and flashes on D - can’t ask for much more with a new staff,  players and no preseason.

I love Brady.  It's who I said I wanted towards the end if the season last year.  I agree, what he did was incredible yesterday...  that being said, that last playcall was really bad.

But, all things considered we had already done enough to win.  Had Whitehead not played like an absolute shitbag, that game was already won.

Archived