• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For the Joe Brady critics

Jeremy Igo

21 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Guy went from being LSU's passing game coordinator to putting up 30 points in his first NFL game. 

I'd say that is pretty impressive by any standard. Excited to see him improve. 

I felt he was great until he felt he was great. Still trying to rationalize giving the ball to anyone other than CMC on 4th and inches with the game on the line. CMC sneezes and falls forward.

Was at a baseball game so didn’t get to watch but we all knew we’d score some points. I will still say we are a CMC injury away from not even being competitive.

I mean, the Raiders were 7-9 last year but they scored 19.6 ppg (24th) and gave up 26.2 ppg (24th) last year. They weren’t a good team and their record is probably should have been closer to us in record. They didn’t win a game by more than 1 score.

Having the Raiders on the East Coast in a 1pm game with no preseason should give us a decent advantage. Giving up 34 points at home to a not good offense is a bad sign to me.

Good to put up the points but again we were at home to a West Coast team that was a bottom 10 D last year. Next week should be a much better barometer. They’ve got a good run D based on last year so it’ll be a test for Teddy.

36 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Worth remembering that Armah scored a touchdown on a similar play call earlier in the game.

It's not what I would have liked to have seen at the time, but it's not completely devoid of logic either.

I think it was a first down at the 3, not a TD on Armah's first carry.

51 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Because you have the best RB in the NFL on your roster that broke tackles all day long. 

But we saw last year that CMC wasn't that great in critical short yardage situations.  Maybe more because of the oline, but even so.  I don't really blame Brady for the call, but I would have liked to have seen them throw the ball on the third down.  Running 3 or 4 times in a row in that situation is what I have issues with.  A little 5-10 yard pass should have been better on third down.

Archived