• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For the Joe Brady critics

Jeremy Igo

Been watching this team since '05... I knew coming in to have low expectations with a shortened off-season, no pre-season, new OC, new HC, new QB.... and from having strong D's and suspect 1-dimensional O's for so so many years... I was extremely happy with what I saw. The future is bright with this coaching staff and core grp of players. 

8 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Guy went from being LSU's passing game coordinator to putting up 30 points in his first NFL game. 

I'd say that is pretty impressive by any standard. Excited to see him improve. 

Not really concerned about the last call. Much more concerned about how quickly the raiders figured out his scheme and shut it down until we went back to a CMC heavy game.

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Not really concerned about the last call. Much more concerned about how quickly the raiders figured out his scheme and shut it down until we went back to a CMC heavy game.

I'm not worried about it.  Teddy and the WRs also missed a couple of easy ones, which I think they'll settle down on.  Remember, there hasn't even been a preseason. Its a big ask for a team with so many new players to jump right in.

I think people had some unrealistic expectations for him.

He's not going to get every play right. He's going to call bad games. It happens, even to the best of them.

I know a lot of folks are expecting him to get a head coaching offer at the end of this season. That's far from guaranteed.

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Doesn't every team get back to their running game when struggling for a jumpstart?

I’m just hoping he was going pretty vanilla this game. You could tell midway through the second quarter the raiders D already knew where the ball was going when. If he makes some improvements and change ups in the scheme in real time it’ll give me a lot more confidence going forward. Not just falling back on CMC like we’ve done years previous. 

For clarification too I’m not being a critic. I just saw that as his biggest hurdle today. Even past the fugged up call, I mean let’s be real Gruden did ice him and his D knew they were gonna try something tricky up the middle with teddy or the FB. 

Archived