• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule - "only person to blame is the head coach"

Jeremy Igo

22 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Matt Rhule just said this in his presser.

Tell ya what, It wasn't the result I wanted and there is a ton of improvements to make, but I like his attitude. The buck stops here is always a winning perspective for any leader. 

If I'm thinking correctly his statement was in response to the 4th and 1, and I like the fact he is taking the blame, but honestly that play is on the players and that is ok.

Sometimes its not about outthinking or tricking the opponent, you have to line up and push them more than they push you.  For such a young team with a new staff,   you are basically putting faith in your team to win that battle.                                                            

46 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Rivera's team philosophy already being dwarfed by a college coach in his first NFL game.

Lol. I did nothing wrong. I instilled the perfect game plan and coached the perfect game. These damn players just can’t seem to do anything right. Had they executed, we would have won the game 56-0. 

-Ron Rivera, probably

I think the staff , including Rhule , coached a very good game. 
The talent wasn’t equal .

But admitting “ it’s on me “ on a bad play call , isn’t admirable. 
It doesn’t matter if he admits it or not ,, we know it was a bad call on 4th and 1 when driving for a winning touchdown..

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Matt Rhule just said this in his presser.

Tell ya what, It wasn't the result I wanted and there is a ton of improvements to make, but I like his attitude. The buck stops here is always a winning perspective for any leader. 

That’s a refreshing change. 

21 minutes ago, OceanPanther said:

I think the staff , including Rhule , coached a very good game. 
The talent wasn’t equal .

But admitting “ it’s on me “ on a bad play call , isn’t admirable. 
It doesn’t matter if he admits it or not ,, we know it was a bad call on 4th and 1 when driving for a winning touchdown..

It is debatable. The play was the same play we used on a short yardage situation earlier in the game and got the first down. I suspect Gruden was expecting the call, so it was really a 50/50 shot. We were forcing Gruden to choose between the FB and McCaffery and it wouldn’t even be a conversation if he had gotten the first down.

Archived