• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bright spots and , uh, not so bright spots.

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Rags said:

Tre wasn't terrible. He actually tackled decently well today. 

The whole secondary covered like poo so it's hard for me to pinpoint who was at fault. Would love to see someone point out some stuff.

Whitehead is goddamn bum. Not even just the two Pls but he was constantly out of position. Watch him ram his face into the pile on that ladt TD run instead of continuing to bounce it outside.

Shaq can tackle, still can't cover. I don't regret the signing because lord knows we needed some retention but fuging HELL it sucks paying that much for someone who looks like a two down LB.

Troy Pride still cant turn his head around.

Pride is still a rookie. He has the potential to learn to turn his head around. 

Boston looked meh.

And like I've been saying all offseason, Jackson is too small to be an NFL corner. got nicked up and was out pretty much all game. 

Just now, Rags said:

When you have no one outside to cover rhe bubble screens and quick passes these things happen.

Having good CBs is more important than having an elite pass rusher.

I disagree. 

Elite pass rush makes shoddy secondary look better. 

Secondary was eaten alive all game specifically becasue we couldn't get to Carr. 

Then again with an elite secondary, they can cover longer and then don't need to get to the QB as often.

either one would be good. Unfortunately we don't have either. 

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Pride is still a rookie. He has the potential to learn to turn his head around. 

Yeah that's why its my last point. That Agholor TD was great coverage, he just never. fuging. Turned. His head. 

Its frustrating but at least he showed promise.

Offense is going to be really good once they get more reps and work out some kinks.  Teddy is what he is, a game manager.  Teddy is going to get the ball to playmakers and let them work, and it will work to an extent. Not exactly like the Raiders have defensive talent across the board, or much at all honestly outside of a couple spots. 

We still lost a home game to the Raiders, who aren't exactly busting at the seems with talent overall. They're a bottom 10 team, with decent young pieces, led by Derek Carr (Insert Spiderman meme here). A lot of positives to today IMO though, and I'm happy with the result right now to be honest.  This season to me is all about finding young guys who are legit, seeing what we have on offense, and playing fun games that result in losses for the immediate future.  I have no interest in going 6-10 or 7-9.  A fun team with bright spots that lands us our future franchise QB? That's what I'm here for right now. 

14 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Bright Spots

Teddy played well enough to win the game. 

Brown and Chinn look like ballers.

Panthers look no worse than the 2019 Panthers and will only get better as opposed to decline.

Not so bright spots

Boston and Whitehead. Don't need them.

DJ Moore. Do better 

KK Short , was your name even mentioned all game?

I’m curious about the snap count.  I saw Short in the sideline a lot. 

my guess-he will be cut next year to give us even more cap space.  Another gentleman gem

Despite all of the additions to the DL, they were still nonexistent.  Brown made some plays.  Burns got 2 or 3 pressures.  Efe made one huge stop.  But, as a unit and for an entire game, they pretty much got dominated.  Almost no pass rush, still getting gashed on the run.  

Also, Shaq is horrible, but Whitehead is surprisingly even worse.  At this point, play Burris at safety, and just let Chinn and Franklin run as the SUB LBs the whole game and keep Shaq and Whitehead on the sidelines.

Archived