• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers will "light up the scoreboard today".

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If we want to light up anything, we're gonna need a way more consistent offensive line than we've had in the last few years.

That's probably going to be one of my big focuses today.

Agreed, but I'm really confident in what they've done to shore up the trenches.  That and I think the offense's wide open, get-the-ball-out-quick style is going to mask most any deficiency we have.

Just now, Proudiddy said:

Agreed, but I'm really confident in what they've done to shore up the trenches.  That and I think the offense's wide open, get-the-ball-out-quick style is going to mask most any deficiency we have.

It helps, for sure. Even going from Shula to Turner showed us that.

Heck, that's how a lot of teams have been beating us for years. Rivera always went nuts for pass rush and opposing teams just dinked and dunked the sh-t out of us with short quick passes. Their uglies only needed to hold off for a quick moment before the ball was gone.

Secondary

Offensive Line

Rookie mistakes for our defensive line

These are my 3 concerns in that order. I think Brady can scheme to help the offensive line if they struggle.

Pride starting makes me nervous, but I’m ok with letting these rookies learn this year.

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I worry about stopping that running game of the raiders.   On paper, we seem weak vs. the run and vulnerable vs. the pass, but other than that, our defense is ready.

We'd be hard pressed to be worse against the run than last year.

Granted, it's possible.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

There are twenty some offensive players on the Panthers roster not named Christian McCaffrey.

If I'm an opposing coach or player right now, not a single one of them scares me.

If we're going to light up any scoreboards, that's going to need to change.

I could say something similar about the Raiders. But teams light up the scoreboard, not individuals.  

Archived