• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers will "light up the scoreboard today".

Jeremy Igo

I don't doubt the Panthers score some points today. McCaffrey is unguardable. But can the defense force a turnover or two? Can they stop a few drives to give us the edge? Which team will make a mistake? If the Panthers can play mistake free football, we might actually see a close game and maybe even a win.

12 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I don't doubt the Panthers score some points today. McCaffrey is unguardable. But can the defense force a turnover or two? Can they stop a few drives to give us the edge? Which team will make a mistake? If the Panthers can play mistake free football, we might actually see a close game and maybe even a win.

I am down with this. To me the biggest crack in the offense's armor going into the game would be an Oline that hasn't had time to gell leading to pressure on Teddy that creates turnovers. If the oline holds up against the rush, I do think this offense could put up significant numbers and should be fun to watch.

10 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think the defense will be better than advertised.  I think we will win 31-30.

The one thing that's likely to carry over from Rivera (at least initially) is we look to be a defense that'll be a lot more threatening up front than on the back end.

I'm hoping Phil Snow changes that giv n time, but right now my expectations are low.

Wow.  Bold proclamation.  I hope we can back it up...  excited about the whole team, but the more I've thought about it, leading up to GameDay, i'm worried about Waller and Ruggs versus our secondary...  but, I think the front 7 can be scary good and hide the secondary until they catch up.

Archived