• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Power Rankings - Guess who is last?

Jeremy Igo

14 hours ago, stbugs said:

Hah. Seriously. 2014 we made the playoffs, won a game, played Seattle tough (90 yard pick six was the difference) and had a 5-1 finish. Just because some idiot only looked at our record for the 2015 preview and the injury to KB doesn’t mean our 0-8 finish is being overlooked now. We also won the division with a 7-8-1 record. Two teams in our division this year will likely have 10 wins. I can’t believe I’m even explaining the differences, Lol.

Pretty sure many on here agreed with that projection. I think the guy makes a logical point, these predictions are a shot in the dark.

Cool, all we need to be good and prove the power rankings wrong is...*checks notes*

Have Teddy magically become the MVP while also having a collective defense barely able to legally drink force 40 turnovers while being a top 5 unit overall. Oh yeah, and Donte Jackson to become Josh Norman in the process. See guys, Power Rankings mean nothing. 

11 hours ago, weyco2000 said:

Pretty sure many on here agreed with that projection. I think the guy makes a logical point, these predictions are a shot in the dark.

They all are. For 2015 we finished 7-8-1 so it is surprising that we were in that lump 19-24? These predictions are all lazy. We were 5-11 and lost a lot of players and have a ton of new with no real offseason so predicting 4-12 is logical.

Trying to compare the two is either blind hope, based on other posts I lean there, or trolling. It’s obvious these predictions aren’t looking at things with precision but ending 5-1 with a gelling OL and 0-8 would seem to indicate that the two situations are miles apart. In 2015, we were easily undervalued and in 2020 we are about where we should be and honestly a bad coaching job or some key injuries away from hoping we get 4 wins.

11 hours ago, weyco2000 said:

I'd say it is sort of akin to attempting to predict the answer to an equation when you only know a few of the variables. Preseason polls, power rankings, predictions, etc are all just educated guesses, at best. It only takes a few changes in the variables(starting QB injury, emergence of a rookie, etc) to wildly swing the results. 

If you look at the preponderance of the educated guesses and they all seem similar, that's about as much of a "current temperature" as you can find. The media, oddsmakers and fans are largely leaning towards us being a 3-6 win team. I don't see why anyone would find that outlandish or upsetting. As fans we know the score better than anyone else or at least we should. 

But, maybe the Saints have a big COVID outbreak(or, more likely, herpes) or Tom Brady goes down with a season ending injury. Maybe Atlanta continues to be a dumpster fire. If any or all of those things happen, perhaps we end up better than expected.

In 3 days we get to see the first piece of a 16(maybe more?) piece puzzle. Time to find out what it is.

Archived