• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

By my count Panthers will start 4 rookies on defense

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, jfra78 said:

This is a rediculous comment.

Allen (4-1) 1059 yds, 7 tds, 3 ints, 7 fumbles

Bridgewater (5-0) 1384 yds, 9 tds, 2 ints, 1 fumble

Why do people completely ignore the Rams game for Teddy? He didn’t start but he threw 30 passes for 165 yards and no TDs or INTs.

Allen also started off 5-0. He beat Teddy in 2018  in the last week of the season.

Anyway, those small sample sizes are meaningless. Teddy had a huge game against a terrible Tampa pass D and that was almost half his TDs in the 6 games he played full games. He had 5 TDs in his other 5 games, which was basically in line with the two full years he played.

I don’t think much of Allen at this point and he’s not even on the team, but I also don’t see Teddy as a franchise guy. Outside of 1 game at home against Tampa (only happens once every 16), he’s not winning games by himself. He needs a solid D and a good running game to get to the playoffs. He’s not “replacing” a healthy Cam.

4 hours ago, jfra78 said:

I would agree worse offensive line, but talent at skill positions not so much.

NO offensive line is so much better than ours it’s comical. They probably will be again this year but our OL absolutely turned Allen into David Carr. He heard footsteps after his hot start that you could see him rushing throws anticipating hits. I mean that one game against I think Atlanta where Little gave up 14 pressures and a couple sacks. That’s literally every other drop back and the RDE is in your face without even considering pressure up the middle or from the right which we know happened as well.

Our OL is now in a sad state. Matt Kalil sucked but man our OL has fallen off of a cliff the last couple years. Daryl getting injured hurt but we’ve done almost nothing the past 3 drafts outside of making a terrible pick in Little. We know the OL is a big problem and we’ve only got Paradis signed in 2021 out of the starters. That’s sad and disheartening. I hope we somehow get that 3rd for Bradberry, we need it.

5 hours ago, Basbear said:

Jon gruden-

rubbing hands GIF

0-100 real quick for those rookies. I hope fans are not going to trash them when they make mistakes, petty please.... 6 games against division foes, lord help us.....

Tom Brady going against a half rookies defense twice a year should be an interesting watch. 

Archived