• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

By my count Panthers will start 4 rookies on defense

Jeremy Igo

55 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

All the people excited about Bridgewater based on a handful of games... well, Kyle Allen was better than that for his first handful of games with less talent around him (particularly in front of him with that OL)  so I'm not sure it's such a wild and reckless claim.

There’s much more to it than stats. 

Kyle and Teddy is not really a debate, one guy has shown promise as a player in a small sample size affected by a major injury, so the jury's out. The other guy was a roller coaster of inconsistency but he has some tools. So the jury's out on him too. I'm definitely more confident in the former playing well. 

46 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

All the people excited about Bridgewater based on a handful of games... well, Kyle Allen was better than that for his first handful of games with less talent around him (particularly in front of him with that OL)  so I'm not sure it's such a wild and reckless claim.

This is a rediculous comment.

Allen (4-1) 1059 yds, 7 tds, 3 ints, 7 fumbles

Bridgewater (5-0) 1384 yds, 9 tds, 2 ints, 1 fumble

Just now, jfra78 said:

This is a rediculous comment.

Allen (4-1) 1059 yds, 7 tds, 3 ints, 7 fumbles

Bridgewater (5-0) 1384 yds, 9 tds, 2 ints, 1 fumble

I was being slightly facetious, but Allen was also playing with the lesser talent and one of those games was against the 49ers who were playing lights out on D at the time.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is one of the worst takes I've seen on the board since "Jimmy Clausen will lead the Panthers to the SB"

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I was being slightly facetious, but Allen was also playing with the lesser talent and one of those games was against the 49ers who were playing lights out on D at the time.

I would agree worse offensive line, but talent at skill positions not so much.

But yeah, 4 rookies. Two up front and two in the secondary. We are in a division with three great offenses with three MVP QBs. They're going to have a field day and it won't have anything to do with talent or inability to run with them, it'll be bc our guys are inexperienced and covid fuged the off-season. The talent is actually there. 

We're gonna get run on, our LBs are gonna have a ton of tackles bc RBs will get to the second level. Or DBs can run with anyone but the missed communication is gonna be an issue. They haven't played together and are green as hell, Pride and Chinn. Long Henry Ruggs TD due to blown coverages sounds like a given for week one. No shame in it, guys gotta learn. 

Archived