• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Bridgewater on his way to being a franchise face

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I hope all the Teddy haters are prepared to take the L and say they were wrong when he shows he’s capable of winning big games. 

He’s never gonna be a Mahomes or Rodgers. But he can a really solid QB for us. This offense is built nicely to be a first down machine. 

We'll see if all the blind homers keep that same positive mindset when we are losing game after game during this season and probably for the foreseeable future. Should make for some truly great times and epic huddle meltdowns.

35 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

We'll see if all the blind homers keep that same positive mindset when we are losing game after game during this season and probably for the foreseeable future. Should make for some truly great times and epic huddle meltdowns.

I’m not a blind homer and obviously we will struggle mightily this year. But saying “TeDdY SucKs” over and over doesn’t mean you know much about football. 

He’s our QB like it or not and this offense is absolutely built in a way that suits his play style 

3 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I’m not a blind homer and obviously we will struggle mightily this year. But saying “TeDdY SucKs” over and over doesn’t mean you know much about football. 

He’s our QB like it or not and this offense is absolutely built in a way that suits his play style 

He doesn't suck, he has just been extremely average throughout his career. If he is going to be our long term franchise QB, then he needs to make that next step in his career.

Like it or not, it isn't often that a journeyman QB makes that step up after 4/5 years in the league. He's also been on three teams that moved on from him, two of which had the option to make him the franchise QB in the future. 

So, for us, he needs to take a step that two other franchises didn't believe he would. 

8 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Is Carhartt a Vegas pecker bot?  Can somebody check?  He flips from "know it all" to non-useful idiot in nearly every post. Surely his purpose is to stir things up without making any meaningful contribution--ever.  I think we should require that NEWBs be screened for social skills and emotional intelligence.  Just a suggestion.

Personally, I’m very entertained. Keeping track of his opinions, I’ve got:

- best DL player last year was Vernon Butler

- Kyle Allen (ignoring his biggest glaring weakness) > Teddy

I’m looking forward to more great stuff. 

14 hours ago, Pantherfan84 said:

You don't need a superstar to win games, that's exactly what Jake Delhomme did. We got robbed a SB in 2003. I think Teddy Bridgewater will do great and win us alot of games. 

Teddy won’t win anyone any games. He’s here because he won’t lose them. 

21 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

This is who he is and has been. He would need to become another player entirely to hit Franchise QB level. We could win with this but we need a good Offense around him and a great Defense to be serious contenders. 

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

This is who he is and has been. He would need to become another player entirely to hit Franchise QB level. We could win with this but we need a good Offense around him and a great Defense to be serious contenders. 

Need that anyway

52 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

We'll find out a lot about Teddy this year. In the past, you're right. He's been tasked with being a game manager for very good overall rosters and basically been asked to just not lose the game. That's not going to fly this year with the defense we're likely going to field. He's going to be asked to do a lot more this year than he has in the past. Let's see if he's up to it 

Archived