• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Bridgewater on his way to being a franchise face

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Except for that whole Teddy has 34 games of starting NFL experience to look at part.

Considering that those first 12 starts resulted in being recognized as the NFL Rookie of the Year was followed up by a 16 start performance that ended in a Pro Bowl + NFC North title, he very much looked the part before a devastating injury in 2016 basically sidelined him for 2 years. Then, he was finally able to take his first snap as a starter during the final game of 2018 with the rest of the starters resting for the playoffs?

Then, of course, those next 5 starts he went 5-0.

So... considering those 34 games, he should start. :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

1 minute ago, Icege said:

Considering that those first 12 starts resulted in being recognized as the NFL Rookie of the Year was followed up by a 16 start performance that ended in a Pro Bowl + NFC North title, he very much looked the part before a devastating injury in 2016 basically sidelined him for 2 years. Then, he was finally able to take his first snap as a starter during the final game of 2018 with the rest of the starters resting for the playoffs?

Then, of course, those next 5 starts he went 5-0.

So... considering those 34 games, he should start. :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

Yeah, he should definitely start for us. I don't think anyone is arguing otherwise.

2 hours ago, Car123 said:

Quite a few Jake Delhomme types have made it to the Super Bowl in this era.

Nick Foles

2015 Peyton Manning

Matt Ryan

Young Russell Willson

Basically you can win with a great defense.

I know we all hate Ryan but he was the 3rd overall pick. The Falcons had the 6th worst scoring D. They got to the SB on offense, not D. Also, Foles got to the SB in part because of Wentz. I know Foles is one of the players people like to use as a you don’t need a 1st round QB but Wentz was being talked about as the MVP. He was 11-2 with 33 TDs and pretty instrumental in getting the top seed. The Eagles were just a solid team overall. They had the #3 scoring offense along with the #4 scoring D. They won the SB on offense, not D, 41-33.

The Eagles and Falcons were better on offense than defense, so not good examples. The Falcons were actually really bad on defense.

Wilson led the #8 scoring offense in 2013. Knowing how good a QB he is, it’s a borderline example. The 2013 D was definitely the best in the league, but Wilson wasn’t just a game manager. He sure didn’t have to pass a lot because they were ahead so much.

Just to keep this in perspective for passing during regular season:

2013 Seahawks 27 TDs

2017 Eagles 38 TDs

2016 Falcons 38 TDs

2015 Broncos 19 TDs

2003 Delhomme 19 TDs

Manning is a good example. The Broncos offense was mediocre and it showed in the SB. I’m pretty sure we aren’t close to having that Broncos D of 2015.

5 hours ago, carhartt said:

How many coaches have come and gone since Belichick ended in NE? How many of them has come close to BB’s level? Must be some good drugs.

Is Carhartt a Vegas pecker bot?  Can somebody check?  He flips from "know it all" to non-useful idiot in nearly every post. Surely his purpose is to stir things up without making any meaningful contribution--ever.  I think we should require that NEWBs be screened for social skills and emotional intelligence.  Just a suggestion.

2 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

The fact that people ITT think that Teddy's ceiling is Jake Delhomme is very telling.

I mean...Jake has had better seasons than Teddy has had to this point in his career. Teddy is also on his 3rd NFL Team which does give him Journeyman status. I don't think that statement is as far fetched as you think it is. Teddy in his 2 complete NFL seasons averages 2900 passing yards and 14 passing TDs. Those are not Franchise Qb numbers. Not anywhere close

Archived