• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Comp pick update after cuts

Pazhoosier89

I went on to overthecap to see if there were any updates on next years comp picks with cuts being made.  I noticed they are now showing us getting a 3rd for Bradberry and a 7th for Williams.  For some reason Teddy is canceling out Addison and not Bradberry even though it is more money.  Previously I had thought we would only get a 7th. Below is the link.

Overthecap Comp pick update

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope they're right.

That would be nice, but it makes no sense that Teddy and Anderson with $31M in salary’s cancel our Addison and Butler who have $17M instead of Bradberry and Addison at $25M. I mean Addison and Anderson are $150k apart and Teddy is $6M more than Bradberry.

I’d wait a few days as maybe this is a mistake. I mean nothing has changed in our adds and losses at all so why would it change?

I did find the below methodology on the overthecap website that could explain why Bradberry is ranked higher than Teddy. Number 4 below says they are given more points depending on the snaps played. Since Teddy did not play most of the snaps last year it could explain why he is ranked lower than Bradberry.

1. Start with the Average Per Year (APY) of the contract signed.
  2. Subtract from the APY any money that the compensatory formula does not count3
  3. Rank these players by adjusted APY in descending order, and assign points to each player, equal to [number of leaguewide players]-[rank].
  4. Add anywhere from 25 to 100 points for players who played a percentage of snaps on offense or defense in the range of 25% to 100%. (Kickers and punters are given a different point addition unrelated to snap counts.)
  5. Add 20 or 5 points for postseason honors as determined by the AP’s All Pro list, and the PFWA’s All NFL/All Conference list.

3 Prior to the 2020 CBA, it had been determined that workout bonuses, incentives, and salary escalators were common devices that the compensatory formula does not count. However, App. V, §2(a) of the 2020 CBA makes clear that these devices will now count if they are considered Likely To Be Earned, or are earned in the player’s first season of his new contract

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Just getting a jumpstart by a month or so before the entire main forum turns into 2021 draft talk.

Seriously though, what’s going to happen with that? Are all would be seniors going to claim eligibility next draft? Or are people *cough* a particular quarterback everyone keeps talking about here going to hold out for a year to get another Championship? Can they?

13 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

So, can someone please verify? Do we actually receive a third round pick? Thanks!

Honestly, your have to wait until next year to find out.  I think the guy at OTC has boasted about getting most of them right (he usually misses a couple that could go either way) but only the NFL office knows for sure.  Also, if one of the guys from the list gets hurt and misses the whole year, that factors into it to somehow. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Just getting a jumpstart by a month or so before the entire main forum turns into 2021 draft talk.

A single signing in March of 2021 or an injury in the next couple weeks  will rearrange the comp picks awarded. You're being dogs on a lure course, chasing a target that isn't even close to set.

Archived