• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Las Vegas Raiders at Carolina Panthers - What do you know?

Jeremy Igo

13 hours ago, 16 to 21 = 2SBs said:

We're always glad to help. We know what it's like to lose home games to teams that look beatable on paper.

But... look around. Teddy Bridgewater is not a starting caliber QB. You traded for him, to be the starter. There's very little chance that Bridgewater will start all 16 games. Really... and I say this with honesty: Panthers are in the 'tank for a QB' derby. All you have for a positive this season is fantasy football. You can draft McCaffrey and have a chance to win your league. He's all the offense you got. After one of the better opponents on your schedule shuts you out... well... it's still better than no NFL at all.

As for Derek Carr in this game... as I posted already. He's only going to need to throw about 16 times to win this game. Raiders o-line and TEs are going to school your defense. Sure, you know the plays. We know the Chiefs plays too.:)  Still have to execute.

There are no "must win" games for the 2020 Panthers.  But there are 16 "must not look like a college team" games.

You have 3 posts and two of them claim we traded for Teddy Bridgewater. Can you tell me who or what exactly we traded for him? Since you know so much about our team and all?

Good morning Panthers fans.

Been an interesting thread, came to share my thoughts the weaknesses and strengths of the Raiders team (perceived, at least).  I'm curious to know what you gents feel are the weaknesses and strengths of your roster.  

Raiders strengths:

1) Offensive line.  Many of us thought Gabe Jackson (G) would be a cap casualty this offseason, but the team stuck with him.  Great player when healthy, had a rough year last year.  I mention him because he and Incognito will be tasked with taking on Derrick Brown, who I know you all must be excited to watch.  The o-line of the Raiders is (in my opinion) the best facet of this team.  One caveat, of course, is health.  Trent Brown has been dealing with an injury, and while it looks like he'll suit up, he is not 100%.  If he can't go, you'll might be seeing Brandon Parker.  Trust me Panthers fans, you want to see Brandon Parker.  But anyhow, if healthy, that is the best collective unit on the team.

2) Tight ends.  Waller really lit it up last season and there's nothing to suggest he won't do it again.  Carr loves TE's and Waller is primed for another big season.  Moreau / Witten will back him up and I expect to see a healthy dose of both on the field, especially in redzone.  As you all know, Whitehead was abused in the passing game last season.  If Gruden isn't drawing up plays to isolate Whitehead over the middle, the Raider Nation will collectively bang their heads against the wall.  I love the guy, and he can tackle, but unless something miraculous has occurred since last season - he is a liability in the pass game.  The tight end unit is, in my opinion, the second best unit on this roster.

Raiders weaknesses:

1) Young secondary.  The kool-aid has been served this offseason, but the truth is - this is an untested secondary.  Johnathan Abram only played one game last season, and will start at S.   Trayvon Mullen looked good once he began starting halfway through last season, but he's still young.  Arnette is a rookie, and rookies do rookie things.  The backups are young as well.  

2) Defensive turnover.  While I feel the most upgraded unit is the LB core, they will undoubtedly face struggles as they attempt to gel.  Pair that with the young secondary, and there are a lot of new faces on defense.  McCaffrey is about as tought of a test as you can face from that standpoint.  Without a true offseason and preseason games, who knows what that might look like on game day.

Unknowns:

How will starting two rookie WR's look?  Tall task for the young guys.  Their talent is being touted, but who knows if that will transfer over when the whistle blows.

Will the kicking game be better?  Daniel Carlson was shaky at times last season, and it didn't seem like Gruden had faith in him for anything over 45 yards.  

Lastly, I hope both teams stay healthy!  Thanks and good luck,

Archived