• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Las Vegas Raiders at Carolina Panthers - What do you know?

Jeremy Igo

Game 1 is upon us. 

The rosters are set. It is go time. 

Las Vegas Raiders (0-0) at Carolina Panthers (0-0)

The Carolina Panthers will host the Las Vegas Raiders in what has to be the most mysterious opening game in Carolina Panthers history. Will they be good? Will they be bad? Will they be horrible? Who knows?

But what do you know about the Raiders? What are their season expectations? 

If you check out the Raider Forums you can see what is on the minds of Raider fans. This includes their projected depth chart.

I think it’ll be very tough to take anything away from this game as the Raiders are a big wildcard too. Either way hoping we start off the season on a good note with a big win and Teddy showing a full command of Brady’s offense. Any positives at all on the other side of the ball will be considered a bonus to me.

My prediction: extremely sloppy game with both teams scoring in the 30s, Panthers come out on top.

I know a great deal.

The game will take place on sunday sept 11 at 1pm EST. It will be played at Bank of America stadium. Each team will field a roster of 53 players who have been less thoroughly evaluated in the offseason than prior professional rosters. I know the stadium is open air and the field will be 100 yards long from endzone to endzone. 

I know the national anthem will be played before the game. Some players will kneel, others will not. People will get nearly as upset over this one way or the other as they did when someone stole their ice cream cone in kindergarten. They should probably focus their angst more on the final score, which will almost certainly involve one team scoring more points than the other.

Oh and the officials will wear striped uniforms that make them look like zebras. The only true consensus among fans will be that they are universally incompetent. In the case of Jerome Boger, we will all be right.

Beyond that I would be hard pressed to say.

59 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Game 1 is upon us. 

The rosters are set. It is go time. 

Las Vegas Raiders (0-0) at Carolina Panthers (0-0)

The Carolina Panthers will host the Las Vegas Raiders in what has to be the most mysterious opening game in Carolina Panthers history. Will they be good? Will they be bad? Will they be horrible? Who knows?

But what do you know about the Raiders? What are their season expectations? 

If you check out the Raider Forums you can see what is on the minds of Raider fans. This includes their projected depth chart.

Raiders -2.5 was the last line I saw.

Brandon Parker (reserve OT, #75) is a facebook friend of mine---they are feeling good, just do not know what to expect.  He is happy that he did not have to purchase 30-40 tickets.  He is a good guy--played at A&T, his father played at UNC and for the Steelers.  I coached with him when Brandon was our tee-boy--along with my son (ball boy).  Father a minister--great family.  Basically, however, he is not a trash talker and he would not say much regardless, but he did say that they have peeked at LSU and Baylor film---

Image may contain: one or more people

Archived