• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We are not tanking. Might as well get over that notion.

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think virtually every draft bust's problem is more mental than physical (outside of the guys derailed by injury). You generally don't get drafted in the 1st round if you lack the physical talent.

It is--but that takes us back to the underlying premise--why we hired Rhule--a coach known to take these kinds of players and turn them around.

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Did you read the post?  (Or have it read to you?)  Look at the athletic measurables.  Apple is the better athlete.  You all go off on hearsay and tangents--of course he has concerns and issues--that is why he is here and that is how Rhule has been successful.  What about that is hard for you to grasp?

Apple being a bad teammate is not hearsay and going on a tangent.  Jesus H Christ dude

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Great comparison, totally the same thing.  

Its funny that your argument has to rely on Apple "turning it around" just to make the defense better.  It to note he has still not won the job.  But keep reaching for that pie in the sky.  Tell us more about your ohio state insider info please.  So he got shipped out of NYC, he couldnt get straight in NO but man, he is going to put it all together here in Charlotte.  Eff it, I am on board now

Did I say that Apple is starting week 1?  -- assumption #1.  Did I say "Let's see how this works out?"  A: yes.  Did we hire Rhule to turn players like this into winners because, let's see, he has?  A:  Yes.

Why do you not have the capacity to discuss football without being a tool about it?  A:  ???  Why did you not answer my question?  A: You don't have an answer, so you deflected.  Damn, son.  First, you take the entire post and pick out what you want to argue.  I know that Apple is struggling.  I get that.  I said that losing BB was a big blow.  However, all I said was that Apple is a better ATHLETE (not CB) and "let's see what happens."  The rest of the crap you are arguing against are examples of you trying to be a tool and distort a perspective to give you a winnable position.  Sad people do that.  The slurpee guy at the mall does that. 

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Apple being a bad teammate is not hearsay and going on a tangent.  Jesus H Christ dude

Then how do you know it?  I should have known what I was dealing with.  Anyone who argues and calls people "dude" is probably not from Oxford.

6 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Did you read the post?  (Or have it read to you?)  Look at the athletic measurables.  Apple is the better athlete.  You all go off on hearsay and tangents--of course he has concerns and issues--that is why he is here and that is how Rhule has been successful.  What about that is hard for you to grasp?

Nothing. I was agreeing with you 100%. Your rational outlook made sense but since you didnt add that we will be terrible to your post  LG had to toss a wet blanket on you.

Its not at all out of possibility that the defense can be functionaland better than last season. Just having this rational outlook gets angers them.

1 minute ago, Moo Daeng said:

Nothing. I was agreeing with you 100%. Your rational outlook made sense but since you didnt add that we will be terrible to your post  LG had to toss a wet blanket on you.

Its not at all out of possibility that the defense can be functionaland better than last season. Just having this rational outlook gets angers them.

Sorry--I was multi-tasking.

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That is hearsay.  You do not know it first hand--neither did the writer--it was also opinionated.  Prove to me that he was a cancer.  I would like an oncology report to verify your conclusions.  See--I can do it too.

1 minute ago, Moo Daeng said:

Have you ever made a post when you aren't crying about something? Never any actual input, just crying about something someone else has posted.

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Miami started 1 rookie (first round pick Wilkins) on the defense last year.  What we are about to do is going to be historic, and not in the good way

I mean.  Ok?

What we did last year with a bunch of vets was historic.  And not in the good way.

So I guess I don't see what the big deal is with trying something different.  I am not saying we are going to be great.  But "tanking" means you are intentionally trying to lose.

3 hours ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Anyone trying to win right now is pretty dumb

Trying not to win is pretty dumb. You dont take a bunch of young rookies and tell them "lets lose!".

Success stories based on teams that intentionally try not to win..can't really think of any.

We aren't "tanking" but we also aren't putting together a complete team.  We've got more holes than a block of cheese and our depth is non existent.  Dead cap is one of the highest in the league.  So many new faces with no preseason games to build experience.  Schedule is easy at the start and then we go against the top teams of the NFL.  If we start the season 0-4, there's about a 70% chance we finish with less than 3 wins.  

2 minutes ago, CatTower said:

We aren't "tanking" but we also aren't putting together a complete team.  We've got more holes than a block of cheese and our depth is non existent.  Dead cap is one of the highest in the league.  So many new faces with no preseason games to build experience.  Schedule is easy at the start and then we go against the top teams of the NFL.  If we start the season 0-4, there's about a 70% chance we finish with less than 3 wins.  

This guy gets it

Archived