• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We are not tanking. Might as well get over that notion.

Jeremy Igo

We're not going to out suck the Jags who are flashing the tanking signs and having a fire sale since last year of their few talented players.

We should be a bottom 5 team. A fun one is the hope, but I see us as a version of the Cardinals last year.  Better offense than them due to our talent, but possibly a historically bad defense that gets abused in the air all season. Fun shootouts that end in losses are in our future unless Teddy magically becomes a MVP candidate and we force a ton of turnovers. 

2 minutes ago, Pantherfan84 said:

He turned programs around with far less talent than these programs that gets all 5 star prospects. Why don't you just go pull for a different team if you don't damn like it. You not going to like being on this board when we start winning, you going to catch alot of poo!

I believe in Rhule long-term.

Meanwhile, you're starting up the same crap that has gotten you banned time and time again. Think this account makes it to opening day?

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. All the talk was about a five year plan. Rhule was hired for "the process". They're completely tearing this thing down to the studs to rebuild it. I just can't figure out why Hurney is still here. That's the one big mystery that just doesn't make sense right now.

Hurney is an archetypical sycophant. He ingratiates himself to his superiors in order to keep his position. I only hope Tepper knows this and makes him some kind of figurehead with no actual decision making responsibilities.

8 minutes ago, Pantherfan84 said:

He turned programs around with far less talent than these programs that gets all 5 star prospects. Why don't you just go pull for a different team if you don't damn like it. You not going to like being on this board when we start winning, you going to catch alot of poo!

He also never really played any team that would get 5 star prospects and when he did he lost. The nfl is all 5 star players. 

5 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

He also never really played any team that would get 5 star prospects and when he did he lost. The nfl is all 5 star players. 

He beat two top 25 teams during his seven years of college head coaching. Those two teams were historic powerhouse programs ECU and Navy that Temple just happened to draw on the right week when they made the rare ranked appearance. He didn't beat any top 25 teams at Baylor.

He has shown he can turn programs around, but he hasn't yet shown that he can actually beat good teams.

6 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

This is a chicken or the egg thing.. In the NFL the player selection process levels the field.  I mean, there is no coach on the planet who would have taken the teams he inherited with the players he inherited and beaten Oklahoma--but he was in the game both times. Conferences are usually fairly equal in terms of the players you have access to -- and he won there.

The better players are going to win the game 95% of the time, so I do not hold it against Rhule that he did not take a team that won 1 game 2 years prior and beat some established powerhouse.  However, they were in the game--it was not a blowout--so he put the team in position to win, but they did not have the horses.  No shame in that.

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Well, I'm not gonna lie, that helps!

Funny thing is, you still have people that don't want to give TB12 his due.

Don't get me wrong, I think BB is a very good coach. And the Patriots have usually very well at putting a winning team around Brady.  But it always helps to have a little bit of luck on your side. 

I haven't expected us to be world beaters this year, but constantly reading negative comments from fellow fans gets disheartening. I want to see strides in the direction of positive. I want to see on the fly coaching adaption. I want to players put in situations that takes advantage of their individual skill sets/strengths. Simple stated, I want to see a foundation of hope because I'll forever Keep Pounding!

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

When you have a roster with Cam, CMC, Luke, and Smitty no one is talking about tanking.

Yes, because the better players win.  I see Rhule getting outcoached a bit during games--management.  I see him not being able to stop the way offenses are going to exploit the defense.  However, we were getting outcoached before--badly.

Where I see Rhule's advantage is that players are very loyal to him--cultishly loyal.  He knows how to tream young men and they seem to like him.  Will that work with 29-year old veteran?  I dunno, but fans focus on the stars and not the whole roster--when all 53 are focused and engaged---all participating in some meaningful way--they will over-achieve.  That is the Rhule magic--something Rivera lacked.

24 minutes ago, carhartt said:

Last year’s roster was better. Y’all can believe that you guys want to. Our defense is going to be terrible. Our OL is going to get our overhyped mediocre QB kill. The LBs are going to be bad. Shaq, Whitehead or Carter can’t cover anyone. We know nothing about Rhule. Former college coaches all over the team. Phil Snow might be worse than Eric Washington. This year’s dumpster won’t win more than 3 games. 

Our defense could be bad and still be better than last year, if only because last years D was so unbelievably bad.  

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

Our defense could be bad and still be better than last year, if only because last years D was so unbelievably bad.  

How in the hell could that be possible since we lost Luke and Bradberry?  And please dont give me this rookie talent hype.  They may pan out down the road but no way in hades early on. 

2 minutes ago, carhartt said:

That’s a lie. Keep believing that. We got a bunch of scrubs and backups playing on the defense. Young potential for the future but you guys are out of your mind for this season. 

That's an opinion. Yours is an opinion too. Neither are truth or lies.

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

How in the hell could that be possible since we lost Luke and Bradberry?  And please dont give me this rookie talent hype.  They may pan out down the road but no way in hades early on. 

Because last year was the worst defense we have ever had.  We were rock bottom last year.  Not saying we will be good this year, but it would be very difficult to be worse than last year.  While linebackers and defensive backs are very important, the defense starts up front.  And up front, we were horrible up front.  The defensive line looked like college players going up against seasoned professionals. They were pushed around and abused.  We made average running backs look like all pros.   

Archived