• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We are not tanking. Might as well get over that notion.

Jeremy Igo

8 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

QB, WR, Possibly OL, TE, DT, DE, Safety

Not seeing TE, but I think OL a bit, DT a lot, Safety-yes, and DE--yes.  WR a lot.  QB a lot (Allen)

We got worse at LB and TE, in my opinion.

I think this season will be about chemistry and experience.  

However, like in baseball, you need to be strong up the middle.  I do not see (defensively) Whitehead and Boston as strong.  Nor do I see Paradis as a pillar of football greatness.   We need to upgrade these spots as best we can now and in the off season.

14 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Dont be absurd for the sake of debate. Thats common knowledge.

Worst to first in division has happened 6 times in last 5 years.

We talk about parity all the time

How many times has it happened with a coaching staff nearly devoid of NFL experience, a journeyman QB, and a defense featuring 9 rookies?

This team isn't setup to win right now. Continue to delude yourselves if you wish. Reality will hit hard soon.

1 minute ago, Ja Rhule said:

Flatchested big time 

I imagine your internet standards and real-life standards are not similar?  :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

I was focusing on the shirt.  Like the team is focusing on winning. 

There are not many Google gals wearing Panther tanks with large racks, btw.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How many times has it happened with a coaching staff nearly devoid of NFL experience, a journeyman QB, and a defense featuring 9 rookies?

This team isn't setup to win right now. Continue to delude yourselves if you wish. Reality will hit hard soon.

The coaches, the players, the owner---everyone is raw.  Tepper sees this, and he has preached long-term stability.  This is part of the plan.

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

The coaches, the players, the owner---everyone is raw.  Tepper sees this, and he has preached long-term stability.  This is part of the plan.

Yep. All the talk was about a five year plan. Rhule was hired for "the process". They're completely tearing this thing down to the studs to rebuild it. I just can't figure out why Hurney is still here. That's the one big mystery that just doesn't make sense right now.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. All the talk was about a five year plan. Rhule was hired for "the process". They're completely tearing this thing down to the studs to rebuild it. I just can't figure out why Hurney is still here. That's the one big mystery that just doesn't make sense right now.

Right. If your premise as owner was that the old system needs to be torn completely down, he is the longest tenured, most directly responsible component of the old system, why would you keep him? I think Hurney has just snowed Tepper on a personal level. It's the only explanation I know of that makes a lot of sense. Tepper is clearly influenced by highly charismatic individuals and I think that is what is keeping Hurney in place atm. 

1 minute ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Right. If your premise as owner was that the old system needs to be torn completely down, he is the longest tenured, most directly responsible component of the old system, why would you keep him? I think Hurney has just snowed Tepper on a personal level. It's the only explanation I know of that makes a lot of sense. Tepper is clearly influenced by highly charismatic individuals and I think that is what is keeping Hurney in place atm. 

I'm not sure what's going on there to be honest. I can't fathom that Hurney is in Tepper's long-term plans but unless Tepper is waiting out his hand-picked guy's contract to expire so he can go get him, I'm not sure what Hurney is still doing here.

13 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That has absolutely nothing to do with the results this season 

Yes it does---it has everything to do with the results this and future seasons.  Step outside the box.  A long-range plan focuses on a wider scope of time---so the focus is not win now--it is build a winner.  Two totally different approaches that require totally different mindsets and strategies.  How in the hell could you make such a statement? 

So Tampa Bay and Carolina are both exhausting the same energies and strategies?  No.  Tampa has a year or two with Brady who is over 40 -they are all in on this hand.  We are not--but that does not mean we are trying to lose.

Archived