• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We are not tanking. Might as well get over that notion.

Jeremy Igo

this looks like a neat project for this summer | Carolina panthers outfit,  Football fashion, Carolina panthersThis is a long-term building project.  Rhule's deal, Bridgewater's deal. Losing is never part of the grand scheme.  Anyone who believes that we would do that has never practiced all summer, all week, strapped up for a game, and played a real game----there is only one objective.  Rosters are so fluid and so many players come and go--you better have one thing in mind and that thing must permeate every part of the culture. 

I still see nothing wrong with tanking, however, but only for the right person. Like in the photo.

Have I killed that joke yet?  (You see, I pretended to confuse tanking with a tank top.  Easy, lazy humor would have pasted a tank and made some military joke, but I am not a loser or a sucker, so I went a totally different direction to avoid political humor altogether. )

You decide:

A.  Yes, but only barely    

B.  Of course not-you are hilarious.   I want to hear it many more times.

1 hour ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Let’s not bring facts to an opinion party okay. Lol. 

Anyone trying to win right now is pretty dumb. We need to look toward the future not now, we just don’t have the talent. Winning 5-7 games does nothing for us going forward. 

Remind me how many of the top young QB's were selected #1 overall? Watson? Mahommes? Jackson? 

How about the top old QB's? Brady? Brees? Rodgers? 

You have to go all the way back to 2004 Eli Manning to find a QB drafted #1 overall who won a SB 

Exactly why dont you just wait to see which team drafts your boy and go root for them.

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

this looks like a neat project for this summer | Carolina panthers outfit,  Football fashion, Carolina panthersThis is a long-term building project.  Rhule's deal, Bridgewater's deal. Losing is never part of the grand scheme.  Anyone who believes that we would do that has never practiced all summer, all week, strapped up for a game, and played a real game----there is only one objective.  Rosters are so fluid and so many players come and go--you better have one thing in mind and that thing must permeate every part of the culture. 

I still see nothing wrong with tanking, however, but only for the right person. Like in the photo.

Have I killed that joke yet?  (You see, I pretended to confuse tanking with a tank top.  Easy, lazy humor would have pasted a tank and made some military joke, but I am not a loser or a sucker, so I went a totally different direction to avoid political humor altogether. )

You decide:

A.  Yes, but only barely    

B.  Of course not-you are hilarious.   I want to hear it many more times.

A.

could possibly upgrade to B with more pictures of cute girls wearing tank tops

Those who are pro-tanking have apparently never paid attention to the actual results of the NFL draft through the lens of the passage of time.

Not to mention, who wants to see their team lay down?!? The whole premise of supporting a team, of being a fan, is to cheer on their success on game day - not just a hypothetical future success. Additionally, you can win now as a team and still draft good players. Shocking, I know.

I do not even think we will be in the QB market.  I see Bridgewater doing an admirable job--running the show but not being the show.  That is what they want, it seems. 

I think we will need to address LB, TE, and OL.  I even think Stantley and Pride will step up and Jackson and or Apple could do well with this staff.  I like our foundation at S.  We may not be as far away as we thought.

2 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

A.

could possibly upgrade to B with more pictures of cute girls wearing tank tops

I will see what I can do.  You know, if you consider the maturity, intelligence, and attention span of the average Huddler, the window is pretty small.

Archived