• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We are not tanking. Might as well get over that notion.

Jeremy Igo

Tanking is a preposterous notion for a professional football team. It's barely worth discussing with any seriousness. Only on message boards by somewhat irrational fans.

As for how well we do, expectations should be set according to the situation. Our team is inexperienced. The roster even moreso! The defense even more than the offense. No one from the coaches to the players have had adequate time to gel as a unit! The only thing that will enable us to win at all is pure excellence and/or pure luck, and perhaps the familiarity of Brady and Bridgewater, and the ability for the veteran "skill positions" on offense like Brady, CMC, and Anderson to "professional" (and yes, this will be probably the only time you see this adjective intentionally used as a verb) us to a win!

So, I don't know how many we'll win or lose, but I know when I see promise (kind of like Newton's first game against the Cards), and I do know when that "aha" feeling comes rushing to the forefront of my dome, it is legit! So win or lose, I'm just going to observe and let the natural instincts guide me as to what I'm seeing. I've been watching this game in earnest over 40 years now, so I know the difference between bullsh¡t and legit! 

18 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

All we have to do is use a 6th round draft pick to get one of the best qb's of all time.  Piece of cake.  

Gotta make sure he marries a supermodel raking in more than he is too so that he continually signs team friendly deals making his cap hit that of an average starting QB.

Hoping this organization looks more like the Pats than the Jags reminds me of when people were comping Kyle Allen to Brady lol. I mean sure, you hope against hope but the Panthers are what they are and never do well stuck in that 6-7 “win now” mediocrity mode. The last time this franchise became relevant and had some decent success was taking a chance on a top college prospect out of Auburn with the first pick. Hard to ignore that fact.

Maybe this coaching staff can prove differently and not require that route, but I guess we’ll see.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Rhule was 2-10 in his first season at Temple. He was 1-12 in his first year at Baylor. He's walking into a similar dumpster fire here. He completely tears down to completely rebuild. Call it tanking, call it rebuilding, it's just semantics. The end result is a lot of L's in the first year.

This isnt college, you don't have to turn around a bad program

Archived