• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We are not tanking. Might as well get over that notion.

Jeremy Igo

16 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Most of you are on board with the Panthers not tanking. But I still see some stragglers that believe still that the Panthers will intentionally only win one game this season.

That is simply not true.

Yes, the Panthers will struggle this year and are not a playoff team. However, they could win as many as 6 or 7 games if Matt Rhule is worth the giant contract he was signed to. 

Improving and building a winning culture is far more important than hoping and praying you select a college kid that may or may not work out in the NFL.

The former is the ideology of the Patriots. The latter is the ideology of the Jaguars.

Which team would you rather copy?

Give me some of what you're smoking if you think a secondary with Donte Jackson as your #1 CB is going to win one game against Tom Brady, Drew Brees, or Matt Ryan.

0-6

We have "a chance" vs Denver and LV... Ron knows all the weaknesses of this defense and will eat us alive. 

2-14. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Best of both worlds. 

nicolas cage hair GIF

Good perspective in that article you just posted @Jeremy Igo. We are going to have to be happy with seeing the talent develop and imagining what the future likely holds for this defense. I know I keep bringing it up, but I can see a very similar path of what we saw from the 49ers, who build through that defense - particularly the D-line. Actually, they built both lines. So much of our future success will be established from the inside out. 

6 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Good perspective in that article you just posted @Jeremy Igo. We are going to have to be happy with seeing the talent develop and imagining what the future likely holds for this defense. I know I keep bringing it up, but I can see a very similar path of what we saw from the 49ers, who build through that defense - particularly the D-line. Actually, they built both lines. So much of our future success will be established from the inside out. 

I hope not that drastic. Took the 9ers damn near 5 years to finally get everything right. 

7 hours ago, Pantherzack179812 said:

Give me some of what you're smoking if you think a secondary with Donte Jackson as your #1 CB is going to win one game against Tom Brady, Drew Brees, or Matt Ryan.

0-6

We have "a chance" vs Denver and LV... Ron knows all the weaknesses of this defense and will eat us alive. 

2-14. 

Vegas is going to skull drag us Sunday.  Line is up at Raiders -3.  It opened at -1.5.

On 9/6/2020 at 8:06 AM, NAS said:

Seahawks

I see Rhule more in the mold of Pete Carroll than Bill Bellichick.  

I don’t think we intentionally tank but may still end up with a top 3 draft pick.  Remember that it takes Rhule a couple of years to put his philosophy in place and start winning.

Past performance does not guarantee future results.

Archived