• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hold on a second. What sorcery is this?!

Jeremy Igo

People really liked rivera and thought he was such a great leader, but his lack of personal accountability until his last year (which I thought was forced and less than sincere) really held him back. It baffled me how the players could respect a man who never owned his mistakes and couldn't take responsibility for his team underachieving. 

9 minutes ago, rayzor said:

People really liked rivera and thought he was such a great leader, but his lack of personal accountability until his last year (which I thought was forced and less than sincere) really held him back. It baffled me how the players could respect a man who never owned his mistakes and couldn't take responsibility for his team underachieving. 

Dave Doeren is the same way and it drives me crazy. Who wants to play for a coach that throws you under the bus all the time?

52 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Dave Doeren is the same way and it drives me crazy. Who wants to play for a coach that throws you under the bus all the time?

Two schools of thought.

"Coach called me out so I need to play better"

or

"Fug that I did my best"

Athletes are a funny bunch. I tend to believe that NFL is the latter. 

Any leader worth his or her salt will always place themselves at the top of the blame list and the bottom of the accolades list. Doesn't matter what profession, unit, or situation is involved - that is what makes a good leader a great one.

Glad to see Rhule seems to subscribe to that as well, and it's quite refreshing, but I want to see if this holds or not if we stumble over a long stretch. I get the feeling it's not at all just bluster, but honestly what and how he believes. However, better people than I have fallen by the wayside before, and only time will tell. If this season pans out how most folks think it will, it will definitely be a litmus test, for sure.

Archived