• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule not happy with Carolina Panthers starters today

Jeremy Igo

The Panthers held a dress rehearsal for their game next Sunday. Rhule was not impressed with the starting unitys. 

"I was not overly pleased with the starters. We did not play like a team that was excited to be out there. ... It was not the requisite level we needed to play at a high level."

He went on to say the starters got out performed by the backups. 

18 minutes ago, NAS said:

Demanding excellence and practicing like it’s a game is the only way to go. Too many players think they can flip the switch on gameday but only a few actually can.  

If that was true then the first 4 to 6 games of every year wouldn't be such bad football league wide. 

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The Panthers held a dress rehearsal for their game next Sunday. Rhule was not impressed with the starting unitys. 

He went on to say the starters got out performed by the backups. 

Ouch, I hope that lights a fire under them. Like you said though, gotta be tough the get hype to go against the same guys everyday for this long.  When I moved to Italy for high school (Air Force brat) and played baseball, we barely had enough kids for to make 2 teams, and there was no school team for baseball. So you played the same guys every week all season long... at a certain point we just started switching everyone’s positions around to try to spice it up, learned how to play catcher then haha

Archived