• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 1 News: Raiders release S Damarious Randall

Jeremy Igo

Oddly enough I like our starters atm at the position. Boston was extended, and Chinn was drafted, Burris, Robisnon (Drafted), and Jamerson offer quality depth. 

I'd like to see us add another experienced DB, Edge rusher, or more athleticism at LB - I know Chinn will be filling possibly in Nickel / Base sets with Boston, and Burris deep. However; that is just a razor thin LB group.

28 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I am ready to see all of the CB options that become available. I don't think Norman fits this regime's blueprint, nor should it. Will there be a relatively young starting vet outside CB with athleticism and above 6'0" that gets released? 

A young athletic vet that's over 6'-0" tall sounds like the kind of player a team isn't going to release unless he really sucks.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

They had him on a one year, 1.5 million dollar deal.

If they don't even want him for that small a contract, I'd file that under "things that make you go hmmm" :thinking:

And it was guaranteed, so they actually ate the $1.5m regardless... just wanted him off the team

Doesn't pass the sniff test. Eating 1.5 million just to get rid of him stinks. Good thing safety isn't a need right now.

Hell no to Norman. I hope Ron pulls a Ron and keeps him as one of 'his guys'. This regime has shown 0% interest in slow zone CBs and looks like they value speed. Not sure on man vs zone at this point but it would go against the moves they have made so far this year.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

They had him on a one year, 1.5 million dollar deal.

If they don't even want him for that small a contract, I'd file that under "things that make you go hmmm" :thinking:

To be fair, irrespective of contract size, most of what that franchise has been doing merits that reaction.

Archived