• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers running back update - Mike Davis hype

Jeremy Igo

18 hours ago, carhartt said:

Do you really think that CMC is going to come off the field? He’s the only reason why we won 5 games last season and will be the reason why we will be lucky to win 3 games in 2020. 

Yup. Seems like depending on down and distance it’s an obvious breather for CMC whenever this guy is in. Play soft zone without stacking the box knowing we don’t have playmakers outside of CMC whenever Davis is in. I don’t see many drives benefiting from this. More like out him in for a down to get CMC some oxygen when he has a 40 yard run that doesn’t go for a TD and he needs a breather. 

In my opinion, Rivera did not like Rookies because they make mistakes and exposed his lack of player development skills.  In addition, he thought his chances of looking good now opposed to in the long run were better if he played veterans--even if they needed a break or were hurt.  But when you favor dings and minor injuries, it throws off technique.  It makes you throw differently, hit differently-etc. often putting too much pressure on parts that are not injured to compensate.  When this happens a lot--careers are shortened.  I look at Cam, Luke, possibly Short---and I wonder if they would be playing here at a high level if they had not been asked to play hurt.  I was very worried about CMC before Ron became a Washington Foreskin.

On 9/4/2020 at 8:24 AM, carhartt said:

Do you really think that CMC is going to come off the field? He’s the only reason why we won 5 games last season and will be the reason why we will be lucky to win 3 games in 2020. 

He and a new offense and a defense that wont be any worse....if not better.

He will hopefully get some breaks because the new staff knows how and wants to develop some other guys during a rebuilding year they know wont lead to them getting canned.

Do y'all pay any attention to whats  going on at all?

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I said in another thread I wouldn't be surprised if Rivera picked him up in Washington.

Actually, they're pretty comfortable with their stable, so much so that they dumped AD (& that's after booting Guice for his foolishness earlier this summer).

If Rivera picks up Bonnafon, it will set in stone his flaw, and it will forever be a fatal flaw in my eyes.

Archived