• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coach Snow talks Donte Jackson

Jeremy Igo

Panthers defensive coordinator Phil Snow commented on the play of Donte Jackson yesterday. 

"Donte has really good physical abilities. He's really quick and fast — and he's tough. If you watch him, he's physical," Snow said. "He has a lot of the qualities to be an exceptional player at this level, and I think he's taking his craft much more seriously right now. And I can see it on tape."

I found this quote to be pretty telling, especially the part about taking his craft more seriously now. Donte regressed last year and it sounds like (hopefully) he realizes it now. I look forward to seeing a much improved Donte this season. 

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Panthers defensive coordinator Phil Snow commented on the play of Donte Jackson yesterday. 

I found this quote to be pretty telling, especially the part about taking his craft more seriously now. Donte regressed last year and it sounds like (hopefully) he realizes it now. I look forward to seeing a much improved Donte this season. 

Donte has the athletic ability to be a star...just seemed like he let his ego and emotions get in the way of putting in the work to actually improve.  Hopefully he has matured and takes a big leap this year.  

Just now, Smithers said:

Donte has the athletic ability to be a star...just seemed like he let his ego and emotions get in the way of putting in the work to actually improve.  Hopefully he has matured and takes a big leap this year.  

I can honestly see why. Rivera's lame duck year must have been toxic for players who need motivation from coaches. Once Donte got into the dog house with Rivera he probably thought well poo this guy won't even be here next year, screw this. t least, that would have been my attitude at his age. :)

31 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I can honestly see why. Rivera's lame duck year must have been toxic for players who need motivation from coaches. Once Donte got into the dog house with Rivera he probably thought well poo this guy won't even be here next year, screw this. t least, that would have been my attitude at his age. :)

Makes sense, and same lol

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Donte's really, really got to improve this season. Not in a "might lose his starting job" kind of way, but in is "might lose his roster spot" kind of way.

Maybe some really good coaching can give him the intellect side of the game to match the physical gifts he has. Otherwise, every  OC he will face has already figured out how to completely neutralize him on the field.

Good news. He knows that with a great season put himself in line for some of that J-No level money. It a season where things have been restricted and the coordination/practice time between QB and receiver has been at very low levels and his position is one where he can take advantage of that.

50 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Donte's really, really got to improve this season. Not in a "might lose his starting job" kind of way, but in is "might lose his roster spot" kind of way.

Maybe some really good coaching can give him the intellect side of the game to match the physical gifts he has. Otherwise, every  OC he will face has already figured out how to completely neutralize him on the field.

Yeah, hopefully he understands that we just jettisoned our best CB's and now he is going to be "the guy" covering all those elite WR's. If he doesn't raise his game, he is gonna be in a lot of highlight reels being toasted.

I honestly don't see it happening because he is just too damn small.

Yeah he's fast, yeah he's athletic, but he's short, weighs nothing, is easily pushed around/bodied and I don't trust him to be able to cover the likes of Godwin, Thomas, Evans, Julio, Sanders, or Ridley in our division. 

Sesame Street Idk GIF

I think he'd be a fine nickelback, but hey, I've been wrong many many times before. 

12 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I honestly don't see it happening because he is just too damn small.

Yeah he's fast, yeah he's athletic, but he's short, weighs nothing, is easily pushed around/bodied and I don't trust him to be able to cover the likes of Godwin, Thomas, Evans, Julio, Sanders, or Ridley in our division. 

Sesame Street Idk GIF

I think he'd be a fine nickelback, but hey, I've been wrong many many times before. 

Godwin - 6'1 201, Thomas - 6'3 203, Jones - 6'3 220, Evans - 6'5 225... Jackson - 5'10 181.

You have a point, athleticism is fine and dandy, but you can't ignore simple physics. A SUV slammed into my wife's camry last year and the guy walked away. My wife spent 2 months in the hospital. The bigger guy has the advantage.

Archived