• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Brady on the Panthers offense (This sounds fun)

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm actually more interested in the play design.

Downfield passing, for example. Under Rivera it was just the basic "send some guys downfield and throw to whoever's open" idea. I've seen plays designed by Sean Payton though where a downfield receiver already had blockers positioned by design.

Could be a lot of fun to watch.

I don’t think Norv Turners offense is as simple as you make it out to be. Nor was Shulas or Chudzinskis.....last year was a terrible year, mostly because we were stuck playing 2nd and 3rd string QBs, not some imagined lack of creative plays in the playbook.

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

I don’t think Norv Turners offense is as simple as you make it out to be. Nor was Shulas or Chudzinskis.....last year was a terrible year, mostly because we were stuck playing 2nd and 3rd string QBs, not some imagined lack of creative plays in the playbook.

Shula's play design was generally subpar, and sometimes downright awful. We regularly saw two guys running to almost the exact same spot on downfield pass routes.

Turner's play design wasn't bad (often pretty good) but it was simplistic compared to Payton's.

30 minutes ago, joemac said:

Well CMC had a poo-ton of touches last year and we only won 5 games so I’m not sure if his amount of touches correlates to team wins.

Having possibly the worst defense correlates to team losses for sure. RB touches wouldnt make the list of factors when that is the case. 

5 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

"When we're fortunate to be able to line up in the same formation for five straight plays and be able to call five different plays to get three receivers the ball and not have to move them around, it makes our lives a lot easier," - Joe Brady

This was the winning formula back in Super Tecmo Bowl days (along with having Bo Jackson, Christian Okoye, or Charles Haley on D). What is old is new again.

4 minutes ago, KSpan said:

This was the winning formula back in Super Tecmo Bowl days (along with having Bo Jackson, Christian Okoye, or Charles Haley on D). What is old is new again.

I know the Pats were known for this. Not sure if that continued with McDaniels or not.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Shula's play design was generally subpar, and sometimes downright awful. We regularly saw two guys running to almost the exact same spot on downfield pass routes.

Turner's play design wasn't bad (often pretty good) but it was simplistic compared to Payton's.

And when we had a healthy Cam, we were 6-2 in that offense, with an old and slow defense. 

Offense is going to be insanely fun to watch, while our defense will be potentially cringe-worthy, yet exciting for different reasons. 

I think Brady's offense is going to explode with the offensive weapons we have and the TEMPO comment makes me happy..... like very, very happy. It's something we rarely saw which was silly bc Cam could've thrived in that style of offense. 

Dare I say a top-5 offense this year??

Archived