• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We are one week away from honest to god NFL football

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Let's also set the expectation that it's going to be really really bad football.

Week 1 is typically sloppy anyway, but with no preseason it's probably gonna be a whole new level of ugly.

I won't even talk about the officiating.

If the Chiefs and Texans are bad, I shudder to think what the Panthers will be. 

Yikes. 

28 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Let's also set the expectation that it's going to be really really bad football.

Week 1 is typically sloppy anyway, but with no preseason it's probably gonna be a whole new level of ugly.

well, college football pulls it off pretty consistently.  Not sure why the NFL can't function without preseason games. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, college football pulls it off pretty consistently.  Not sure why the NFL can't function without preseason games. 

College football isn't pro level.

And as mentioned, even with preseason games, Week 1 pro football is frequently sloppy as hell.

Throw in that the roster decisions will have been made without benefit of seeing guys in actual game situations, so there will likely be at least a few guys on every roster who probably shouldn't be there.

41 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

What do you mean let’s set, I was already set for some really bad football early this season since January 7th. Anything better than really bad football will be a pleasant surprise. 

If there’s one good thing out of this whole situation. There is absolutely zero tape on the “new” panthers. So any really bad football can’t be blamed on the coaches. It’s all on the GM/Players until there’s tape out. 

That is unless the entire scheme is dogshit and we get trounced. Which when you think about game 1-3/4 is basically going to be preseason except for really well built teams coming out of last year without much turnover who will have a huge leg up on the rest of the competition this year. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

bad could be fun.  Could end up looking like the first couple of weeks of 2011 where two games each had a 1000 yards of passing and Tom Brady had almost 1000 yards after two weeks.  

And bad football is still better than no football.

Archived