• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper talks layoffs and the reasons behind them.

Jeremy Igo

11 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Weird guy...just my gut feeling.

Part of that feeling is his "feeling" for Rhule...you know...because he's a PA guy.  That's strange.

I understand "having a feeling", but my "feelings" get a lot better when somebody has a proven track record.

With Matt Rhule, I'd feel a lot better if his accomplishments had occurred somewhere like Ohio State or Georgia. It's similar to how I feel when we draft an offensive lineman from West Mudbuck University vs a guy from, say, Nebraska or Oklahoma.

Again, high hopes, but skeptical until I can see some results.

16 hours ago, bull123 said:

Jones is a tool...Tepper answered the question & Jones didn’t like his answer so he acted like an a$$

typical media...Jones has always thought he was the story

Fug that. When the richest guy in the league is talking about how difficult of a decision it was to lay off twice as employees as any other owner it's a perfectly valid question. Jones is a journalist not a team publicist.

1 hour ago, MechaZain said:

Fug that. When the richest guy in the league is talking about how difficult of a decision it was to lay off twice as employees as any other owner it's a perfectly valid question. Jones is a journalist not a team publicist.

bull123 worships rich people and will cape for them in any circumstance. 

To be quite honest though....he may know very little of what all is going on with the troops on the ground.

I know a few folks with net worth in the B's...I can tell you that they hire people under them to run their businesses, and they trust them.  If an accountant comes to them and says we need to lay off some folks....their answer may be why?  But that's about it.  The ones I know would likely try to find another spot for them to work...but may not.

Not making excuses, but usually the guys with B's in front of their net worth don't really know all the in's and out's of the day to day business.

That said, he's not a great speaker, we have seen that a few times now.

I am still not sure if most people should care about this at all. I care because I consider some of the folks that got let go to be friends. 

But nothing that happened had to do with actual football. None of it will have an impact on games. It is all behind the scenes stuff that gets shuffled around with each new regime. Such is the way with literally every other business out there. New owners, new people. 

1 hour ago, bull123 said:

richardson was a Carolina guy & you all hated him

Aside from the office allegations, the man behaved and dressed like the owner of a football franchise. He stayed out of the media and his devotion to be Carolinas was unquestionable, and he remained a class act, now all we have is questionable.

Archived