• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper talks layoffs and the reasons behind them.

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Translation: "Know your place, peasant."

It's still my belief that Jonathan Jones was the one who quietly got the Sports Illustrated investigation of Jerry Richardson started.

If so, it could be said that Tepper owes his ownership of the Panthers at least in some small measure to Jones.

Kinda doubt he'd see it that way, but hey...

17 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Good work here by Jonathan Jones pushing Tepper to speak on the layoffs more. 

Eg8DvrKXsAIUm8-.jpg

just trying to read that... jeez - sounds very Trump-ian

I understand you gotta make cuts but to double the next closest team and then come out with that answer is not a good look. Have a PR person give a better more concise thought or something. It's like he is thrown off guard to even be asked that - like cmon - if you make those type of layoffs you know you are going to be asked about it.. the privilege of these elites kills me

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

All Panther fans pony up some cash and let's buy this franchise back ala Greenbay before it's a laughing stock.

Go fund me?

It would cost every citizen of Charlotte $2500 to come up with the $2.2B Tepper paid for the Panthers. Tepper's net worth divided among all 875k Charlotte citizens would be roughly $15,000 per person.

I'm pretty sure the NFL owners put measures in place to not allow another GB situation. They want complete control over the members of their club. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It would cost every citizen of Charlotte $2500 to come up with the $2.2B Tepper paid for the Panthers. Tepper's net worth divided among all 875k Charlotte citizens would be roughly $15,000 per person.

I'm pretty sure the NFL owners put measures in place to not allow another GB situation. They want complete control over the members of their club. 

Given that the NFL pretty much bent over backwards to hand the Panthers to Tepper, it'd take something major to oust him.

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Got my $2500 whenever we're ready. I think after 2-3yrs of this guy we'll all pony up.

33 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I go back to the stuff we read about him when he was looking at buying the team.

There were definitely some things that could give you pause.

Weird guy...just my gut feeling.

Part of that feeling is his "feeling" for Rhule...you know...because he's a PA guy.  That's strange.

Archived