• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper talks layoffs and the reasons behind them.

Jeremy Igo

My brother kept everyone on his shitty lawn crew employed through this year, and I know his business TANKED.

What the fug is this bullshit sympathy for a multi-billionaire that could easily pay all these employee's salaries through the next several years, and not even FEEL it. fug me, the extra tips I've given delivery boys these past few months probably amount to more of a % of my income/savings that what this man had to pay to keep these people employed.

Greed. Eye of a needle.

9 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Good work here by Jonathan Jones pushing Tepper to speak on the layoffs more. 

Eg8DvrKXsAIUm8-.jpg

This is not a good look for Tepper, worth 12 billion and can't find a way to give his employees one year of salary.

Play the games at a college stadium in Columbia or Clemson if it means these people can keep their jobs, this is messed up.

What's he going to do if a vaccine is released Nov 1st and the Panthers host a home game? Train a completely new staff in 2 months? 

1 hour ago, SmartyHurney said:

My brother kept everyone on his shitty lawn crew employed through this year, and I know his business TANKED.

What the fug is this bullshit sympathy for a multi-billionaire that could easily pay all these employee's salaries through the next several years, and not even FEEL it. fug me, the extra tips I've given delivery boys these past few months probably amount to more of a % of my income/savings that what this man had to pay to keep these people employed.

Greed. Eye of a needle.

He could write a check for 100k to every fan in BOA on a 72k sellout and still have half his net worth.

A few responses from the discussion....

Furloughed employees don't get a severance. They get to collect unemployment and get to keep their benefits, but still have to pay for them somehow.

It's been about 20 employees including some Charlotte FC people. Some of which I know they were wanting to move on from anyway.

You guys really have to stop bitching about how our beat reporters are small market and never ask tough questions and then also talking poo on them when they press the hot topic. You really make us look dumb when you do this. 

3 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

A few responses from the discussion....

Furloughed employees don't get a severance. They get to collect unemployment and get to keep their benefits, but still have to pay for them somehow.

It's been about 20 employees including some Charlotte FC people. Some of which I know they were wanting to move on from anyway.

You guys really have to stop bitching about how our beat reporters are small market and never ask tough questions and then also talking poo on them when they press the hot topic. You really make us look dumb when you do this. 

Sounds like someone is triggered by the question, so you're framing it as people are mad at the question and not the response.

That's some 75 IQ poo.

3 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

Some of which I know they were wanting to move on from anyway.

Bingo. This pandemic and economic downturn has given Tepper the ability to clean house a little faster. I completely get that. I am shocked it took this long.  I don't think he was ready for anyone to push on it as hard as JJ did. Until that very moment he has gotten soft balls from everyone. I doubt he is caught off guard again. 

27 minutes ago, SmartyHurney said:

Sounds like someone is triggered by the question, so you're framing it as people are mad at the question and not the response.

That's some 75 IQ poo.

I honestly don't even know what you're trying to say here. You think Im triggered by JJ's question  so Im just making up that people are bashing him for it?

12 hours ago, electro's horse said:

lmao

"it's bad for these people to have jobs

they think it's good but its bad, actually."

ok?  ok?   that interview had way too many 'ok's' in it.   you know something is up when the person says ok 100 times

5 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

It's been about 20 employees including some Charlotte FC people

Thank you for clearing that up.  I know it is tough times for those folks that got let go but from all the bitching on here youd have thunk half of Charlottte was out of a job thanks to Tepper.  That said it still isnt a good look for Tepper with his " for their own good"  reasoning.  And his bs about Cam was the icing on the cake.

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I'm not sure people understand that there were probably less than 20 employees working in Tepper's hedge fund firm. Maybe significantly less.

Exactly. And most of those 20 were millionaires in their own right, and thrived in the dog eat dog environment fostered at those types of firms.

I can't be the only one who's read that Tepper was one of the guys they modeled Bobby Axelrod from Billions on.  

Archived