• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper talks layoffs and the reasons behind them.

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

You guys act like everyone who made $ on WallStreet is super duper smart and MUST know how to run a people centric business.

WallStreet unethically stole the wealth of Americans. How many people lost thousands/millions? Somebody has that $.

Maybe the biggest players get inside info from political connections? Stop worshipping the $. Judge a man by the content of his character.

Weppers (I'm censored) character looks really f'd up. Sorry.

Yeah, I'm not sure people understand that there were probably less than 20 employees working in Tepper's hedge fund firm. Maybe significantly less.

26 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Jerking the rug out from under them in a terrible job market in arguable the worst state in America for unemployment insurance... yeah, I'm sure they're so much better off.

I can speak for getting laid off from the pro sports world. Got a great severance package but still no lead on a new job. It’s very naive to believe in this economy everyone will instantly bounce back. My colleagues who were also laid off are in the same situation as me. No leads. No opportunities right now. 

6 hours ago, ellis said:

Make of that what you will, friends. 

Same excuse...  the pandemic scared you off from paying Cam 20M, but you dished out more than that per year to Teddy, who also has a spotty past when it comes to durability.  

Smh...  dude is not presenting himself in a very good light right now.  He should probably just be quiet and find some more streets to name after himself and his balls.

14 minutes ago, carhartt said:

Look at the guy. He looks like an absolute creep. 

TBH, and maybe it shouldn't have, but him grabbing his wife's ass at that presser didn't sit well with me either.  And I like to cut up as much as anybody, but have some class about yourself considering what the presser was about.

15 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Same excuse...  the pandemic scared you off from paying Cam 20M, but you dished out more than that per year to Teddy, who also has a spotty past when it comes to durability.  

Smh...  dude is not presenting himself in a very good light right now.  He should probably just be quiet and find some more streets to name after himself and his balls.

Oh come on, Teddy has his knee shredded in one instance but Cam had multiple injuries in different times.

Teddy had a touchdown pass more recent than Cam the truth hurts but the writing was on the wall for that.

29 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

The business man making business decisions.

Its a difficult time with Covid. It’s not like this season is a normal season, if he wanted to cut Money and wanted people gone they would have been out in prior to 2019.

My issue is, then just plainly state that in as few words as possible.  Instead it seems like BS, and then he cops an attitude with Jones for getting called on it.

I mean, he is the owner, he can do what he wants...  but, to say laying off people in this economy was good for them is pretty douchey.  And you're right about Cam's injury history...  but, my point there was, we already had him on the roster at 20M.  We paid Teddy more who almost lost his leg in that one catastrophic injury, so it's not like he has this long history of durability either.  Cam had been injured a lot, but a lot of that had to do with the staff that was here and the team they surrounded him with.  Why not give him the shot to play in a system that has QB protection built-in to it just by way of scheme?  But, instead, he blames that decision on the pandemic too.

Again, he's our team's owner, and it's his team, but he just isn't doing himself any favors lately.

13 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

My issue is, then just plainly state that in as few words as possible.  Instead it seems like BS, and then he cops an attitude with Jones for getting called on it.

I mean, he is the owner, he can do what he wants...  but, to say laying off people in this economy was good for them is pretty douchey.  And you're right about Cam's injury history...  but, my point there was, we already had him on the roster at 20M.  We paid Teddy more who almost lost his leg in that one catastrophic injury, so it's not like he has this long history of durability either.  Cam had been injured a lot, but a lot of that had to do with the staff that was here and the team they surrounded him with.  Why not give him the shot to play in a system that has QB protection built-in to it just by way of scheme?  But, instead, he blames that decision on the pandemic too.

Again, he's our team's owner, and it's his team, but he just isn't doing himself any favors lately.

Jones is an asshat when he doesn’t get the answer/what he wants.

I’ll give you that it doesn’t look good from a PR standpoint. It’s a weird time in the NFL in general but Tepper wants a winner. He wouldn’t have invested in Carolina if he didn’t want it. He could have maintained what he had and sailed off into the sunset but he wants a Lombardi in Carolina. Jerry will forever be the one to bring the nfl to the Carolinas but he seemed to never want to go against the grain. There are a number of times that Tepper has gone to bat for the Panthers and not the nfl.  This virus is fuging up a lot of things in this country not related to sports. IMO he’s a new wave owner which you will see once a new generations of owners come to the league.

Maybe we are seeing the final JR purge (Cam included) so that could be a factor but if the Panthers are the first thought and not the league I won’t have qualms.

Archived