• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kirk Cousins on COVID: "If I die, I die."

30 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Once again, context needs to be applied. Never said I’m speaking for anyone. I can only sympathize to a degree from both sides of the argument. I’m not an absolutist like most on here which apparently offends some of you. 

You come into a discussion specifically about wearing/not wearing masks and repeatedly allude to a slippery slope where governments will take away your liberties over time...then admit to this being a poor example...then talk about needing to apply context.  Yes...exactly...that's something you should have done from the beginning.  But then again, that was the basis for your entire argument and you admit to it being a bad example, so I don't know what you have left to offer other than some broad meaningless sympathies for both sides.

Although it's curious that the biggest "absolutist" in this thread who is proudly anti-mask and has shown a complete disregard for human life, shrugging his shoulders about 186,000+ deaths saying they would have died anyways, is someone you have notably abstained from addressing.  I mean, since you're this arbiter of impartiality and objectivity and all...it's strange that all your criticisms are aimed at one side.

You keep making weird comments urging people to branch out and speak to immigrants (cause they all supposedly agree with you) like you are so cultured and worldly and enlightened.  So you continuously invoke foreign sentiment while you've made it clear that your perception is almost entirely formulated by a few members of a SINGLE extremely niche demographic (Romanians growing up in a Communist regime).  I hope you are self-aware of how ridiculous that is, for you to be approaching this from such a narrow lens while patronizing others about broadening their horizons or whatever.

18 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

You come into a discussion specifically about wearing/not wearing masks and repeatedly allude to a slippery slope where governments will take away your liberties over time...then admit to this being a poor example...then talk about needing to apply context.  Yes...exactly...that's something you should have done from the beginning.  But then again, that was the basis for your entire argument and you admit to it being a bad example, so I don't know what you have left to offer other than some broad meaningless sympathies for both sides.

Although it's curious that the biggest "absolutist" in this thread who is proudly anti-mask and has shown a complete disregard for human life, shrugging his shoulders about 186,000+ deaths saying they would have died anyways, is someone you have notably abstained from addressing.  I mean, since you're this arbiter of impartiality and objectivity and all...it's strange that all your criticisms are aimed at one side.

You keep making weird comments urging people to branch out and speak to immigrants (cause they all supposedly agree with you) like you are so cultured and worldly and enlightened.  So you continuously invoke foreign sentiment while you've made it clear that your perception is almost entirely formulated by a few members of a SINGLE extremely niche demographic (Romanians growing up in a Communist regime).  I hope you are self-aware of how ridiculous that is, for you to be approaching this from such a narrow lens while patronizing others about broadening their horizons or whatever.

Actually my main point was that a football forum somehow generated a mask discussion based on a player that is irrelevant and this turned into a political debate. It’s not like I came in here guns blazing with my MAGA flag. That’s what is being perceived because I essentially said “I can see it from both sides.”

5 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Seat belt and motorcycle helmet mandates are probably as close of a comparison/precedent as we can invoke for this, and as far as I am aware....we haven't devolved into a Communist regime as a result.

A closer example is vaccine mandates for children in public schools since the main purpose is creating herd immunity to reduce outbreaks of measles and other highly contagious diseases. Seat belts and helmets help the wearer not die and you could argue, if people want to be reckless and risk their own life, that's on them but once their actions threatens others, that's when laws and the government need to intervene.

In the case of vaccines you're being forced to inject dead or attenuated virus particles under your skin with common mild and rare serious side effects, whereas the mask mandate is asking you to wear some fabric on your face outside your home. Both cases you can object for medical reasons or not comply as long as you're willing to stay home. But yeah to your excellent point, somehow childhood vaccine mandates while even more onerous than masks, haven't forced us to give up all our earthly possessions and pledge our allegiance to our mighty lord US government.

Did you guys hear!?!?  If you start eating healthy and exercising regularly, you won't have as many health problems and could live longer.  EVERYBODY MUST EXERCISE 30 MINUTES A DAY AND NO FAST FOOD!!!  Stop making my health insurance premiums increase you lazy bums!!!!

Archived