• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kirk Cousins on COVID: "If I die, I die."

14 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Somehow comments based on mask wearing turned into a religious and political debate despite having nothing to do with either topic. Color me shocked. 

Anti maskers are always Trump supporters. People try to claim it happens on both sides but I have yet to see a Biden supporter being an ass about wearing a mask.

Kirk cousins can go F himself. Sorry if politics hurts your feelings. 

Brandt asked, “If 1 is the person who says, ‘Masks are stupid, you’re all a bunch of lemmings’ and 10 is, ‘I’m not leaving my master bathroom for the next 10 years,’ where do you land?”

After a chuckle, Cousins responded, “I’m not gonna call anybody stupid, for the trouble it would get me in. But I’m about a .000001.”

, “I want to respect what other people’s concerns are. For me personally, just talking no one else can get the virus, what is your concern if you could get it, I would say I’m gonna go about my daily life. If I get it, I’m gonna ride it out. I’m gonna let nature do its course. Survival-of-the-fittest kind of approach. And just say, if it knocks me out, it knocks me out. I’m going to be OK. You know, even if I die. If I die, I die. I kind of have peace about that.”

“So that’s really where I fall on it, so my opinion on wearing a mask is really about being respectful to other people. It really has nothing to do with my own personal thoughts.”

actual quote above. Everyone should wear a mask, be respectful and socially distance, which he agrees with. Just a hot take.

Got a question for you guys, considering the flu is transmitted the same way as Covid, and the death rate for over 70 folks gets lower every month as new treatments emerge And the death rate is already lower for under 70’s than it is for the flu.  What is the death rate number, after 12 months of a novel infection, to shut everything down vs life with mask (which I’m fine with) vs no mask at all? Granted I’m all for lockdowns for the first waves of any novel infections, what exactly is the threshold for gambling with triggering a global economic depression vs life as normal?

9 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

Anti maskers are always Trump supporters. People try to claim it happens on both sides but I have yet to see a Biden supporter being an ass about wearing a mask.

Kirk cousins can go F himself. Sorry if politics hurts your feelings. 

There are some anti-mask wearers on the middle left I have encountered.  Generally people that already got COVID or are very young.  But they also will put on a dang mask if a policy or mandate says so and not rage out on the check out/door person for violating their rights as an American. 

3 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

Got a question for you guys, considering the flu is transmitted the same way as Covid, and the death rate for over 70 folks gets lower every month as new treatments emerge And the death rate is already lower for under 70’s than it is for the flu.  What is the death rate number, after 12 months of a novel infection, to shut everything down vs life with mask (which I’m fine with) vs no mask at all? Granted I’m all for lockdowns for the first waves of any novel infections, what exactly is the threshold for gambling with triggering a global economic depression vs life as normal?

We should be wearing mask if sick like the flu. It just shows how little you care about others to be sick and not have a mask. Now would be a great time to change the old BS up where we all just get our gross issues all over everyone else because nobody got sued for it.

4 hours ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins does not believe masks work and says that he is at peace with the thought of contracting COVID-19.

“If I die, I die,” Cousins said on Spotify’s “10 Questions” podcast hosted by NFL Network’s Kyle Brandt.

During the interview with Brandt, Cousins went against the advice of medical experts, including the CDC, who have said masks can prevent the spread of the virus and lead to the country gaining control of the pandemic.

Brandt asked, “If 1 is the person who says, ‘Masks are stupid, you’re all a bunch of lemmings’ and 10 is, ‘I’m not leaving my master bathroom for the next 10 years,’ where do you land?”

After a chuckle, Cousins responded, “I’m not gonna call anybody stupid, for the trouble it would get me in. But I’m about a .000001.”

https://nypost.com/2020/09/02/kirk-cousins-is-fine-with-getting-coronavirus-if-i-die-i-die/

I have no issues with this. 

Archived