• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2020 Carolina Panthers Roster Prediction

Jeremy Igo

31 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

None of us are even guaranteed to wake up in the morning. 

I am not interested in losing games in the hopes to maybe some day win games. 

That is loser mentality. Don't give into it. 

LOL. Yeah, no. Not when the OWNER OF THE TEAM says this to the PSL's. I get it, clicks, positivity, etc. But, nope. Not how life works. 

52 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Of course I want to win Superbowls and have cosistent success, but its not the be-all-end-all of a successful franchise imo.  If thats all there is to being a Panther fan to you, then I feel sorry for you

Yeah, it kind of is the end all be all to a successful franchise. Cleveland Browns are known for losing, are they successful? Nope. Jaguars are known for their incompetent management, and sucking. Are they successful? Steelers are known for consistently contending. Are they successful? Yes. Patriots are known for consistently winning, are they successful? Yes. Right now to the public, the Panthers are known as a franchise that can't win consistently. Sorry, I've been a fan since 95, I want this team to be consistent. Not one year make the Playoffs, the next be useless, year after make the Playoffs, the next be useless. I want consistent winning which will equal consistent success. 

43 minutes ago, chknwing said:

Carolina is at the minimum 2 years away from being a playoff team.  Do you think they should run a vanilla, slimmed down offensive playbook as to not have teams trying to sign Brady away to quickly?

Not me.

I 100% feel that this team did not make many right moves this offseason, but at this point, the contracts are signed, the players are in the locker room, and the field is about to get painted.

I want us to give it everything we got, even if it ain't much.  Throw that poo all over the field, go for broke.

I've seen enough boring Panthers football in my life.

57 minutes ago, chknwing said:

Carolina is at the minimum 2 years away from being a playoff team.  Do you think they should run a vanilla, slimmed down offensive playbook as to not have teams trying to sign Brady away to quickly?

God no. We shouldn't intentionally tank nor hamstring the OC. Both of those would result in broken players or coaches that wanted to leave. Believe me, we are going to struggle more than enough because we have a roster that is extremely young, lacking in overall talent, and lacking in overall depth. You don't go out there and ruin morale and motivation by sending a directive to suck. It's going to happen naturally, so you just adjust, try to bolster morale during the tough times, and keep building towards what the ultimate goal is. 

All of this is going to suck. ALL of it. But, as fans we just gotta accept the lumps and look towards the future. 

Ok---the roster was the topic---regardless of how many games we will win.

I had these thoughts: 

We cannot afford a loss at DT--with Kerr and Roy and another rookie, with an injury and Whitehead at LB with Boston behind them as S,  I am not sure we can stop a dive.  And I have heard Brown is not turning heads at practice. 

DB:  My darkhorse: Myles Hartsfield in, Corn Elder out.  However, I do not see Thomas Oliver III on the list, and I think he is a PS player. 

OL:  We have a bunch of mediocre players who hope to become good as a group.  And they are veterans. 

WR:  I always wondered why teams did not run "lines" of WRs like they do in hockey---if you have ever had to run 3 pass routes in a row, you will know why.  And you can have your short passing line, your long line, your red zone---etc.  So why not?

LB:  If Chinn is playing OLB most of the time, we could be set.  It is nearly impossible to predict what he is going to be.

RB:  I am not a fan of Armah because he is not a punishing blocker--if we sign a free agent TE--and we could---that could be bad news for AA.  I see Jeremy's point, but I do not know what Brady will do---he had a FB at N.O., and he had a good one at LSU--but he had GOOD FBs.  The other things that Armah does, others can do better.  I still think he sticks--but would not be shocked if he is cut.

Archived