• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL teams with the most dead money

Jeremy Igo

If you want to attack Marty you have good ammunition. For instance the Matt Paradis deal that turned out to be a disaster. Paradis plays like a late round draft pick and costs a fortune, but thankfully we can eat up another year of his 3 year contact with this dead duck season. 

4 minutes ago, carhartt said:

Tepper, Khan and Synder are definitely the top three worst owners in the league. 

How can you judge off of like 2 years?  I’m not saying he’s good either, but cmon...give the dude a chance and some time first.  

15 minutes ago, pantherj said:

If you want to attack Marty you have good ammunition. For instance the Matt Paradis deal that turned out to be a disaster. Paradis plays like a late round draft pick and costs a fortune, but thankfully we can eat up another year of his 3 year contact with this dead duck season. 

Too early to jump on Paradis as well given the extent of his injury and length of rehab. But if the stories of camp are true and he sucks this year as well then you have a point. 

2 hours ago, carhartt said:

How can I judge Tepper off 2 years? Because Marty Hurney is still here. That man should’ve been gone before Ron. 

He’s done bad (what you just mentioned) and he’s done some good...but again, to say he’s one of the 3 worst based off just 2 years, is extreme. You may end up being right in the future, but everybody deserves some time, and he hasn’t had enough yet to be criticized fairly.  This is the first year that he’s made some actual real change (the coaching staff), so let’s just wait and see. 

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We'll have at least $16.5M in dead cap next year when we finally bite the bullet on the Paradis and Short contracts.

I just laugh that Hurndog still has his defenders. He'll still undoubtedly have a few even after everyone watches him tank this franchise twice.

Don’t forget Gano and Luke. That bring it up to 25M. What’s sad is the Panthers are paying 20M to Short and Paradis just to ONLY have to eat that much. When they could have gotten rid of them after last season for the 8M that they already paid them. But “planning for the future” isn’t a required skill in being a GM in these parts.  

5 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Before we throw too many stones how much of that money is due to Kalil who Hurney didn't sign or Luke retiring which was unforseen. Sure pile on but at least be fair and accurate. Anyone think Hurney wanted to dump Cam? Just asking......

Was going to say the same thing.

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We'll have at least $16.5M in dead cap next year when we finally bite the bullet on the Paradis and Short contracts.

I just laugh that Hurndog still has his defenders. He'll still undoubtedly have a few even after everyone watches him tank this franchise twice.

I  predict that both Paradis and Short have good years and have their contracts reworked. More sure about Short than Paradis.

Archived