• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney Magic?

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, The Huddler said:

Was and still am a big fan of Kelvin. I was devastated about his injury and likewise with the trade. He really self destructed. Sky was the limit for him. 

Yeah he never came back from the injury and his moms passing. Wish we would have kept Smitty too. Imagine if we had both of them in SB50.

4 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

KB is one of those head scratcher picks for me. He had a lot of potential but never seemed to be the same after his knee injury and the loss of his mother. His has always been a what could have been career. He wasn't a highly motivated player from the start, but he never really seemed to get it back together after his mom. Sometimes it's really hard to get back out of that "dark place."

KB was on his way to being a dominant WR but injury and life drug him down unfortunately. 

41 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Those Gettleman contracts will be freeing up soon thank goodness. With the addition of  Samir Suleiman in the role of cap management  I expect better cap and personnel management going forward. 

Its like Gettleman and Hurney are having a "most incompetent" contest. 

7 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Gaulden was a real head scratcher. His measurables were awful. Really have no idea why Hurney selected him. The college scouts did not want him at all. 

Brady Hoke was his college coach and on Rons staff(until he fired him the same year). I believe he was the DL coach and players didnt care for him at all. I believe Wes Horton said he didnt learn anything while Hoke was the coach. He had to play a role in the selection of Gaulden and maybe part of the reason he was fired in season too. Trouble with Gaulden was not only his skills and play where poor, but also his attitude. Hoke had to have egg all over his face for endorsing him.    

Archived