• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers release LB Andre Smith

Jeremy Igo

According to Rapoport the Panthers have released LB Andre Smith. 

Lots of UNC fans had hoped smith worked out, but he never accomplished much more than being an average special teams player. 

It is encouraging to see Rhule not deferring to tenure and keeping the guys that earn a spot. 

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I have to say that I could not figure out how he ever earned a roster spot--and I like UNC--which should have nothing to do with it.  LB and DB sure is a head scratch at this point. 

Hurney basically traded for him. That got him a roster spot in a face saving move for a few years. 

Apparently Rhule isn't interested in Hurney's ego. 

11 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Hurney basically traded for him. That got him a roster spot in a face saving move for a few years. 

Apparently Rhule isn't interested in Hurney's ego. 

Apparently he's only interested in his own ego. Matt Rhule is looking more like a Schiano every day.

Yeah, I can be objective with guys from my alma mater, and in all honesty, I felt he never got a real shot here.  He looked really good when he got the PT, imo.  But, ever since what happened with Cam, I can take any move at this point and this one is barely a blip on the radar...  i think he'll catch on somewhere and have a solid career.

14 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Yeah, I can be objective with guys from my alma mater, and in all honesty, I felt he never got a real shot here.  He looked really good when he got the PT, imo.  But, ever since what happened with Cam, I can take any move at this point and this one is barely a blip on the radar...  i think he'll catch on somewhere and have a solid career.

Did not know you went to UNC. Awesome man. Let's tank for Sam Howell. :) 

7 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Coming from the guy that swore up and down Cam would be here and I was just click baiting by telling you he wasn't. 

that 70s show lol GIF by IFC

Oh yeah, you got me. Cam, the most important player in our franchise history being released in favor of a $20 million dollar at best game manager that will fug the Panthers out of having a legit chance at an actual QB. Totally forgot how you called that one man.

Keep making dumbass posts in support of bad players year in and out, and predictions that after ass-opposite of reality. You do it every fuging season, and for the one time you're "correct" you gloat about it, even when it's absolutely fuging over the team.

Trash brains.

Archived