• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Holy Smokes: Jaguars have waived RB Leonard Fournette

Jeremy Igo

50 minutes ago, CatTower said:

How the crap is Tampa Bay all of a sudden the new powerhouse of the NFL?  What's the point of even watching Sports anymore?  It takes no skill to build a Championship team.

They have the offensive “firepower” on paper which the average person looks at but they still have a bleh o line and meh secondary.

Just what I thought, runningbacks are completely devalued, and a dime a dozen.

He had something like ~1,100 rush yards with ~500 passing, 1700 or so combined last season, and couldn't even be claimed, and was forced to sign a contract for only a couple million over minimum.

Meanwhile we have teams giving their runningbacks massively bloated contracts still. 

8 hours ago, SmartyHurney said:

Just what I thought, runningbacks are completely devalued, and a dime a dozen.

He had something like ~1,100 rush yards with ~500 passing, 1700 or so combined last season, and couldn't even be claimed, and was forced to sign a contract for only a couple million over minimum.

Meanwhile we have teams giving their runningbacks massively bloated contracts still. 

This is not new information. The NFL has been operating this way for quite some time. Successful teams don't pay mega-bucks for RB's in the modern NFL.

You know what comes to mind?

Who was the dumb@$$ I was going back and forth with about CMC and Dalvin Cook and Leonard Fournette? I still believe they thought CMC was the inferior back because he was w-ell, you know! You can't judge a book by it's cover, sometimes it's prudent to open it, and, even more, read between the lines to flesh out the story.

Archived