• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Holy Smokes: Jaguars have waived RB Leonard Fournette

Jeremy Igo

I thought Fournette would be better than he has been. Still I thought that CMC was a much better choice due to more versatility and we didn't have to move up to get him and lose draft picks. But honestly I still thought he would be the better pick if they were both there. At the time Fournette looked like similar to Jonathan Stewart who we had at the time.

43 minutes ago, carhartt said:

We also beat the Titans and how did that turn out for them last season? Only to reach the AFCC game by beating Brady and Lamar on the way there.

Not sure the point you’re making. Mine was that we have more talent than the general consensus, especially when juxtaposed with the jags. Maybe we agree? I was responding primarily to your position group assessments. We also beat both titans and the Texans last year with a lame duck coach. That’s reason for encouragement.

I absolutely wanted McCaffrey over Fournette. I'd seen McCaffrey as a sophomore in college and thought "boy, I'd love to see that guy make it the Panthers". Wife and stepkids made fun of me sweating through the first seven picks on Draft Day that year.

Wasn't alone in that feeling, but I was definitely in the minority.

26 minutes ago, captfluoro said:

Not for me. I drafted him on my team. Dude had almost 1700 yards from scrimmage last year, don’t understand the Jags. I’d love for the Panthers to pick him up cheap, change of pace with CMC.

I’m 100% in agreement with this. I would love to see Us pick up Fournette as a change of pace, the Thunder to CMC’s lightening. Can you imagine those two in the same backfield.

12 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I liked CMC's potential better but didn't believe Shula would be able to utilize him to his full capabilities and that Shula would have an easier time utilizing Fournette.

I think I was right on all accounts. 

This was me. I also just didn't want to take a RB in the top 10.

8 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

McCaffrey was always the better player. FOURNETTE had injury concerns and some work ethic questions coming out. Other than Pep & Cam, CMC was probably the most excited I've ever been about a draft pick.

They weren't the same kind of player in the first place. Fournette is an old school big back and CMC is the versatile runner/receiver like James, Faulk, LT, etc. I didn't want a running back at the time, because the value of running backs was low(and I was 100% correct on that) and I didn't want CMC specifically because his sort of versatility was what I was almost certain Shula wouldn't be able to utilize(which I was mostly not correct about). 

Archived