• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Holy Smokes: Jaguars have waived RB Leonard Fournette

Jeremy Igo

And I’m sorry to be that guy saying I was right . Where are the fans that wanted Fournette over mccaffrey and called me an idiot ?! Just admit your crow . Cmac has always been the better running back and now cmac best in the nfl and Fournette is cut . With that said why don’t we pick him up as a back up lol

29 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I'm shocked no one would even give up a sixth for him. I would if I ran most teams. And if he's only a $4 million waiver claim, hell, let's get him! He'd be a lot better backup than Mike Davis for the same price.

If you are giving up picks for players, while trying to rebuild, you better make sure they have a couple years left on their deals.

4 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Not I.

Thought that CMC's talents would transfer much better to "today's NFL" than Leonard.

Wasn't scared to say it then, still not.  Loved CMC coming out, even if I don't approve of 1st round RB's often.

Look at what Derrick Henry is doing for the Titans. That's basically what I thought Fournette would be doing. Unless you have a high octane offense, I honestly think that type of move the chains, wear down the opposing D, and control the time of possession RB is more valuable than CMC. It's all about the style and just like with Cam, so far we haven't done a great job of tailoring our style of football to our best football player.

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Look at what Derrick Henry is doing for the Titans. That's basically what I thought Fournette would be doing. Unless you have a high octane offense, I honestly think that type of move the chains, wear down the opposing D, and control the time of possession RB is more valuable than CMC. It's all about the style and just like with Cam, so far we haven't done a great job of tailoring our style of football to our best football player.

Agreed. Much of Panther history can be traced to moves addressing things piece meal. Overdrafting guys like Jarrett, Clausen, Everrette Brown, Amanti Edwards...etc...and a signing like LT Khalil stand out. I think it’s why you ensure a hire like Rhule, particularly for an owner inheriting the JR legacy, warts and all; Rhule has a top-to-bottom plan to found a culture for the organization. Whether his plan is effective remains to be seen, but his resume speaks highly of his ability to do this. 

4 hours ago, onmyown said:

Think everyone can agree CMC is the better all around athlete. I don’t think anyone thought Rivera and CMC would be a better mix than Leonard. But Rivera sure knew how to run stars into the ground and carry him to wins.

Still think CMC has a use in the slot, and I am pretty confident Brady will utilize his skill set more completely than Norv/Shula.

Fournette is still a good player, injuries happen.

Yet Fournette avg neatly 6 more carries per game at 18.5 to CMCs 12.9. CMC's year with the most carries was still lower than Fournette's career average.  Both were drafted to be workhorses going as high as they did.

21 minutes ago, carhartt said:

I don’t see why people are so locked into believing that the Jaguars are going to be the worst team this season, if we do have one. I do believe that they are the most poorly run organization from the owner down to the coaching staffs. Marrone is terrible and I never thought that he deserved a second chance at a HC job in Jacksonville. But, looking at the team itself they don’t have a terrible roster. I would’ve given them 5-7 wins if Yannick and Fournette were there. Now, I give them 2-5 wins. 

Rhule (1st year) = Marrone 

Teddy = Minshew

CMC > Jags RBs

Car WRs/TEs= Jax WRs/TEs

Car OL < Jax OL

Car DL > Jax DL

Car LBs < Jax LBs 

Car secondary < Jax secondary 

Come on, assuming they even apply, the differentials here are important. Also we beat them last year. 

44 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Yet Fournette avg neatly 6 more carries per game at 18.5 to CMCs 12.9. CMC's year with the most carries was still lower than Fournette's career average.  Both were drafted to be workhorses going as high as they did.

Why would you not include receptions? That’s weird.

Archived