• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Holy Smokes: Jaguars have waived RB Leonard Fournette

Jeremy Igo

I thought Gurley would be the best RB in football for 5 or 6 years after the Rams drafted him.  I thought CMC would be good but Ron would not use him to the best of his abilities.  I thought Fournette would be a better RB for us and what we did at the time.

Will Smith Thats Funny GIF by MOODMAN

2 hours ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Yep. I wanted him over McCaffrey at the time. I'll take my L. 

Yep. Me too. Fournette looked like a sure thing. Just more proof that there is no such thing as a sure thing in the NFL draft. Sometimes the talent doesn't transfer. Sometimes there's injuries involved. Sometimes it's off the field stuff. Sometimes the money goes to the head. There's just an infinite number of variables involved 

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. Me too. Fournette looked like a sure thing. Just more proof that there is no such thing as a sure thing in the NFL draft. Sometimes the talent doesn't transfer. Sometimes there's injuries involved. Sometimes it's off the field stuff. Sometimes the money goes to the head. There's just an infinite number of variables involved 

Not I.

Thought that CMC's talents would transfer much better to "today's NFL" than Leonard.

Wasn't scared to say it then, still not.  Loved CMC coming out, even if I don't approve of 1st round RB's often.

10 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Not I.

Thought that CMC's talents would transfer much better to "today's NFL" than Leonard.

Wasn't scared to say it then, still not.  Loved CMC coming out, even if I don't approve of 1st round RB's often.

I liked CMC's potential better but didn't believe Shula would be able to utilize him to his full capabilities and that Shula would have an easier time utilizing Fournette.

I think I was right on all accounts. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

LMAO

Jacksonville...

That is pretty funny. But it is amazing the amount of turnover on any NFL team. Watching the 2016 NFC championship game last week, it was sobering how few Panther players/ coaches are on the current roster.

38 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Fournette isn't bad. He's been in a poo show in Jacksonville. Some people are put in a position to succeed, some aren't. I'm not sure how well CMC would do down there. From top to bottom, that FO has been terrible and the coaching hasn't been much better it seems. 

I wasn't suggesting he is bad, fwiw. I was just looking at one of innumerable examples of how the draft is such a crap-shoot.

Think everyone can agree CMC is the better all around athlete. I don’t think anyone thought Rivera and CMC would be a better mix than Leonard. But Rivera sure knew how to run stars into the ground and carry him to wins.

Still think CMC has a use in the slot, and I am pretty confident Brady will utilize his skill set more completely than Norv/Shula.

Fournette is still a good player, injuries happen.

2 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Craziest part is that Fournette ended up being more injury prone and McCaffery is maybe the most durable player in football. Whoever says they saw that coming is lying. 

Honestly? I did kinda. Not so much that CMC would be as ridiculously durable as he is, but that Fournette would have injury issues in the NFL.

CMC Doesn't take the hits Fournette does. Fournette WELCOMES contact. Those are the RBs that don't last long in the NFL because they are constantly getting chipped and banged up. 

15 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I liked CMC's potential better but didn't believe Shula would be able to utilize him to his full capabilities and that Shula would have an easier time utilizing Fournette.

I think I was right on all accounts. 

Dumb team for ever hiring Shula, much less us allowing him to ruin Cam...

I still want the better player, always.  I don't care if we have a coaching staff that's too stupid to figure him out, hopefully he could help get rid of said coaching staff.

Archived