• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Holy Smokes: Jaguars have waived RB Leonard Fournette

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That thing you smell is Trevor Lawrence

I dont know, you still need a good RB to go with a quote stud QB. Maybe, but you try to trade and get value before just waiving him. Something doesn't jive here. I am almost positive they called around and asked about a trade before they released him, we did the same thing with Cam. The fact that no one was interested in a trade tells you all you need to know. I am still floored that it took Cam forever to land on a team, especially considering Cam's community relations, sponsorship, and potential. 

It was rumored he was on the outs for awhile after he had that issue on the sideline with Marrone last season or the season before...

I've always had a soft spot for Jax because they got their team the same year as us and my grandpa lived there my whole life, so I had the connection...  but man, how far have they fallen from the team on the rise that they were?  Minutes from beating the Pats and getting to the Superbowl, but they got scared and shrunk in the moment...  OC choked trying to hide Bortles, but they wouldn't run aggressively either, then the defense folded...

Bortles gone.  Ramsey gone.  Telvin Smith gone (and likely about to be incarcerated).  Yannick gone.  Calais Campbell gone.  And now Fournette...  just incredible.

He had been getting into it with Marrone for a while now.

He had something like 1100 rushing 500 passing yards last season. Even so I don't doubt that he couldn't be traded, even on the rookie contract. Runningbacks are a dime a dozen, and with late round picks you can get 70-80% of the production that an "elite" runningback would get. Not many teams are overvaluing runningbacks like in the past these days, as it's being shown year in and out that you don't need one to win the big game, and teams that have one aren't necessarily doing well.

Archived