• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Madden 21 is apparently a steaming pile of poo

Jeremy Igo

16 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

They need to simplify the gameplay and make it fun again. 

Take a look around. The top game in the world right now is a bunch of jelly beans in costumes racing an obstacle course. 

Just give me a fun game that is easy to play and talk crap to who ever I am playing. 

I've always enjoyed Madden for the most part. You can take the strategy to pretty high levels which I always liked. But they do need to find a balance between that and the regular person who just wants to pick up and play.  My biggest gripe in the game has always been what I dub "Madden Bullshit" where the game drops crucial passes or fumbles simply because the algorithm determines it so. The online losers who exploit the game and call it skill are also annoying af. 

Last year I had it was 2011 when we got Cam and I whooped a ton of ass  on that game. 

Glad I don't buy them anymore. I stopped a while back when they started caring more about online than franchise. I have ZERO interest in playing other people. I did however play in that WFNZ Madden tournament way back and was the guy who went up against that blonde TV reporter. Forget her name. That one was fun.

19 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Take a look around. The top game in the world right now is a bunch of jelly beans in costumes racing an obstacle course. 

Just give me a fun game that is easy to play and talk crap to who ever I am playing. 

Remake Tecmo Bowl. Best Football game ever. 

3 hours ago, bababoey said:

Hasn't everyone been saying Madden has been kind of crap since like 2008?  It's kind of funny that it has no competition and is crap and FIFA has no competition and everyone loves it.    

fifa does have competition. in fact fifa doesn't even have Juventus or the Italian second league anymore because they signed exclusive contracts with Pro Evolution Soccer

2 minutes ago, rodeo said:

fifa does have competition. in fact fifa doesn't even have Juventus or the Italian second league anymore because they signed exclusive contracts with Pro Evolution Soccer

I have no idea what any of that means. 

i don't know what GIF by The Undefeated

25 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

2k signed a contract to make "non-simulation style" NFL games like NFL Blitz that i think is going to be hugely popular

2 minutes ago, bababoey said:

I have no idea what any of that means. 

i don't know what GIF by The Undefeated

Juventus is one of the top soccer teams in the world. it's where Ronaldo plays. it would be like Madden no longer having the Patriots in the game because they signed an exclusive contract to be in a competitor's game

I get a 10 hour trial of it through EA Access and I'm not exaggerating when I say the online mode has been the same for the past 7 games. They should have rebuilt the whole thing from scratch forever ago but since they're the only game in town they take the cheap route and keep recycling it. 

Kind of annoyed that reviews are only just now getting bad honestly because this has been the deal for a long time.

13 minutes ago, rodeo said:

2k signed a contract to make "non-simulation style" NFL games like NFL Blitz that i think is going to be hugely popular

They had that one game about 10 years ago made up of All-Time great players.  It was miles better than Madden at that time.  Earl Campbell was an absolute animal.

Online Franchise mode is a lot of fun, but that's mostly contingent upon finding an active community that is communicative and committed to playing their games, with similar availability (there are always gonna be second and third shift employees who have difficult schedules to work around), with structured rules about "cheesy" playstyles and efforts to comply with those rules, etc.  Basically it's VERY hard to maximize the fun factor of Online Franchise mode, but if you do, it's super fun for all of 2-3 seasons at most lol.  Then active members start dropping like flies and you're running around trying to recruit more people to inherit teams with f@#%ed up rosters that were horribly mismanaged by their previous owners.

44 minutes ago, joemac said:

The yearly release expectation is really the problem.  With such a tight timeline, all we are going to get are the incremental updates, with new features on top of pretty much the same game.  1 year is not long enough to create a game the scope of Madden from the ground up.

If they made a solid game that's free to play and just charged a subscription for roster updates they'd be rolling in cash and could take their time adding to it. That's how Fortnite is the biggest game on the planet.  Games-as-a-platform is the norm now but sports games are stuck in the dark ages. 

Archived