• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Madden 21 is apparently a steaming pile of poo

Jeremy Igo

So apparently the latest incarnation of Madden is the biggest pile of poo they have ever put out. (and they have put out a ton of poo)

36% positive ratings (must be the most hard core madden fan boys)

Has anyone played it? Thoughts?

I still long for the day that actual competition is brought back to NFL gaming. 

EA is lazy & did not do anything to improve franchise mode and believe that is what most people are complaining about. I don’t play franchise & only play online H2H. The gameplay itself is the best in years. Fluid control with ball carriers. They added a defensive adjustments to combat the money plays on offense.  I have enjoyed it so far and have been playing each addition of madden since 03. 

8 minutes ago, 1989 said:

I usually love playing Madden but this one kinda sucks. The first game i played, Teddy Bridgewater is walking out onto the field and the announce says “Out comes former NFL MVP, Cam Newton.” Haha

They have absolutely no incentive to make a good product. You watch, once 2K can make a game again Madden will improve greatly.

You got to think too most of these coders/creators were probably working from home without much in the way of supervision/review of their content. Mistakes were bound to happen when all the content is being sourced in and only a few people are actually compiling it.

I bought it this year for the first time in years because I'll need some kind of football if the season gets cancelled.

It's the same game I bought years ago with a few updates. 

Franchise mode is still severely lacking and they continue to push the MUT which is just a microtransaction machine and a means for them to make money off of people. 

It really is sad how bad stagnant the game has gotten. I don't think it's been great since it made the jump to the 360 console, which is also roughly when 2k had to stop making their version of the game. 

ESPN NFL 2K5 - Wikipedia

Still the best football game ever made. EA can kiss my ass. Stopped buying Madden 4 years ago when they proved to me they will never try to improve their game, only update rosters and throw out the same sh*t every year, only this year it's apparently hit rock bottom. 5 more years of this sh*t until the sim license can hopefully go to a team that cares.

I bought it.  As has been said, its pretty much the same game its been for years, with a few minor changes.  The face of the franchise storyline is kind of corny this year, and it basically follows a certain path regardless of how you play or what you do.  For instance they have part of the storyline to be benched after the first playoff game going into the national championship game.  I threw for 400 yards and 5 TDs in the playoff game, and we won by a mile.  There's no way a coach would look at that and say "you know, I think the other guy is the right move here."  WTF?

I certainly hope they fix the tackling animations and player interactions with the PS5.  I'm over the warping into tackles.  And what sucks is its something they would have fixed years ago if they had real competition.

3 minutes ago, Castavar said:

ESPN NFL 2K5 - Wikipedia

Still the best football game ever made. EA can kiss my ass. Stopped buying Madden 4 years ago when they proved to me they will never try to improve their game, only update rosters and throw out the same sh*t every year, only this year it's apparently hit rock bottom. 5 more years of this sh*t until the sim license can hopefully go to a team that cares.

In all honesty if they could just update the rosters and quality of the textures with this game I would buy it. 

41 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

They have absolutely no incentive to make a good product. You watch, once 2K can make a game again Madden will improve greatly.

I've been hearing "once 2K is allowed to make an NFL game again" for about 15 years now.....I dont think that is ever going to happen.

Archived