• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Observations from last night's Panthers practice/scrimmage

Jeremy Igo

6 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

It’s honestly so surreal to me, seeing a prominent faction of the fanbase use the term “sunshine crowd” (basically people with a positive outlook on the team) as a pejorative lol.

Despite what the self-proclaimed “realists” on this board want to espouse, the factual reality is that there is an unprecedented amount of turnover on this team (top to bottom) that making any kind of definitive statements about how good or bad this team is and the outcome of this season is just downright foolish and ignorant. And that goes for both sides...the only difference is that the “doom and gloom” curmudgeons are the only ones trying to operate under the guise of “realism” and pass their opinions off as fact. Usually the “sunshine crowd” is saying things like “I think we’ll surprise people this year!” (while predicting something like a 6-10 season) or “I think Teddy Bridgewater will surprise people and have a solid season!” (while predicting like 20-25 TDs lol). Wow...what crazy delusional homers!!!!

58 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The "sunshine crowd" exists every season and in every fanbase. You interpreting it as an attack isn't really anything I can fix.

I have said 2-5(or some variation of that range) wins. Seems reasonable considering the things we are up against and in what could be an extremely tough division. 

I only attack the Teddy homers when they are being completely ridiculous. He is an above average, journeyman QB so he isn't likely to be the savior of the franchise. He can very well be a solid, game manager can win games here. Have never said otherwise.

Also on record with not understanding the level of vitriol thrown at KK. IMO, still a very good player.

History, precedent and statistical analysis are very good tools to predict future results. When you just throw out strawman arguments to counter conventional thinking, it isn't really a compelling case for anything.

I think you are just upset that people are being, in your mind, "negative."

I want to be clear, I want to win. I want to beat the Vegas raiders, beat NFCS teams, and make the playoffs. Just the moment the panthers are mathematically eliminated, I want to lose all the games remaining. Play the young players on the roster, try a different scheme on O/D, switch up the play calling, etc etc. It does zero good long term to win a week 17 matchup for a "rah rah" feel good win. Hell 40% of the team will be replace come next year, I do not care that Justin Bail still feels good playing on the brown cause he was on the week 17 panthers roster. Lastly Teddy can have his best year ever and panthers still be 2-14.   

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

The "sunshine crowd" exists every season and in every fanbase. You interpreting it as an attack isn't really anything I can fix.

I have said 2-5(or some variation of that range) wins. Seems reasonable considering the things we are up against and in what could be an extremely tough division. 

I only attack the Teddy homers when they are being completely ridiculous. He is an above average, journeyman QB so he isn't likely to be the savior of the franchise. He can very well be a solid, game manager can win games here. Have never said otherwise.

Also on record with not understanding the level of vitriol thrown at KK. IMO, still a very good player.

History, precedent and statistical analysis are very good tools to predict future results. When you just throw out strawman arguments to counter conventional thinking, it isn't really a compelling case for anything.

I think you are just upset that people are being, in your mind, "negative."

Saying that it will take 3-4 days for reality to settle in for the sunshine crowd and that the "bulk of us realize what the score is", clearly is insinuating they are delusional and out of touch with reality....no?  What am I misinterpreting here?

Give me some examples of these "completely ridiculous" predictions from Teddy homers (didn't know those were a thing) and then maybe I can see where you're coming from.  Is Jeremy one of these Teddy homers?  Cause he's probably one of Teddy's most vocal supporters on here.

I mean...I explicitly wrote what makes me upset, but if you want to be reductive about it and say I just get upset by negativity, then you are entitled to that opinion.  I even said myself that I think the Panthers will maybe win 4-5 games this year...I'd consider that a pretty negative outlook.  I guess I am self-loathing lol.

--Players started with a ball security circuit on offense and a takeaway circuit on defense, stressing the importance of the turnover margin. Offensive skill players had to keep hold of the ball while traveling through blocking shields. On defense, players had to force a fumble or pick one up off the ground.

THIS. THIS IS OUR ONLY HOPE. 

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

Saying that it will take 3-4 days for reality to settle in for the sunshine crowd and that the "bulk of us realize what the score is", clearly is insinuating they are delusional and out of touch with reality....no?  What am I misinterpreting here?

Give me some examples of these "completely ridiculous" predictions from Teddy homers (didn't know those were a thing) and then maybe I can see where you're coming from.  Is Jeremy one of these Teddy homers?  Cause he's probably one of Teddy's most vocal supporters on here.

I mean...I explicitly wrote what makes me upset, but if you want to be reductive about it and say I just get upset by negativity, then you are entitled to that opinion.  I even said myself that I think the Panthers will maybe win 4-5 games this year...I'd consider that a pretty negative outlook.  I guess I am self-loathing lol.

3-4 games. You can interpret it how you like. There are people who always choose to be optimistic about everything and there is nothing wrong with that. It just, in this case, is counter to conventional thought.

I mean, do a search for the bandwagon Louisville homers posts. It is pretty obvious. 

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

3-4 games. You can interpret it how you like. There are people who always choose to be optimistic about everything and there is nothing wrong with that. It just, in this case, is counter to conventional thought.

I mean, do a search for the bandwagon Louisville homers posts. It is pretty obvious. 

How is being optimistic counter to conventional thought? Optimism is an attitude and choice. Of course we all see the likelihood of struggling this year and losing a lot. And if I were putting money on the end result I probably would pick against the Panthers and do pretty good. But I don't bet against the Panthers because that would require me to root against them and I won't. Fan is short for fanatic and that is who I am when I root for the Panthers.   

So will I chose to see things half full instead of half empty? Absolutely. I like to root for my team and think we have a chance to win every game. Do I stay to the end win or lose? Absolutely. Do I fall apart if we lose??? No. I also am not jaded by previous losses to the point of pessimism and negativity. 

To me, taking the negative approach is lazy and easy. If we suck you are right and can spout off how smart you are. If we are good you still get to share in the excitement and can just ignore you were wrong. Or justify 200 negative posts with one eating crow post. Plus being negative on the huddle seems to be the majority point of view so you get lots of approval for being negative and predicting the worst.  

The more difficult approach around here is to be positive and optimistic  while you doom and gloomers crap on everyone who dares to be positive. Hell the negativity around here has been ridiculous given we haven't played a down yet. If that is conventional wisdom, screw it. I will stick with my optimistic approach and hope for the best.

12 hours ago, panthers55 said:

How is being optimistic counter to conventional thought? Optimism is an attitude and choice. Of course we all see the likelihood of struggling this year and losing a lot. And if I were putting money on the end result I probably would pick against the Panthers and do pretty good. But I don't bet against the Panthers because that would require me to root against them and I won't. Fan is short for fanatic and that is who I am when I root for the Panthers.   

So will I chose to see things half full instead of half empty? Absolutely. I like to root for my team and think we have a chance to win every game. Do I stay to the end win or lose? Absolutely. Do I fall apart if we lose??? No. I also am not jaded by previous losses to the point of pessimism and negativity. 

To me, taking the negative approach is lazy and easy. If we suck you are right and can spout off how smart you are. If we are good you still get to share in the excitement and can just ignore you were wrong. Or justify 200 negative posts with one eating crow post. Plus being negative on the huddle seems to be the majority point of view so you get lots of approval for being negative and predicting the worst.  

The more difficult approach around here is to be positive and optimistic  while you doom and gloomers crap on everyone who dares to be positive. Hell the negativity around here has been ridiculous given we haven't played a down yet. If that is conventional wisdom, screw it. I will stick with my optimistic approach and hope for the best.

This is the classic example of someone basically not knowing what the fug they are talking about and making themselves feel persecuted over literally nothing.

Feel free to search my posts and find the "told you so" gloating over us sucking.

I can't help that the sunshine crowd gets butthurt about reality. Time to suck it up, put your big girl panties on and eat poo like the rest of us. 

I mean, honestly, who likes sucking? What kind of fan wants this poo? This was why I was so against tearing the team down the way we did. I DO NOT want to have to go through being a dumpster fire. But, here we are, very likely in dumpster fire mode. 

fug this. We can all grin and bear it all we want but NO REAL fuging FAN wanted to see us deconstruct this franchise. It. fuging. Sucks.

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

This is the classic example of someone basically not knowing what the fug they are talking about and making themselves been persecuted over literally nothing.

Feel free to search my posts and find the "told you so" gloating over us sucking.

I can't help that the sunshine crowd gets butthurt about reality. Time to suck it up, put your big girl panties on and eat poo like the rest of us. 

You obviously are so negative and jaded you can't see the obvious. We as the sunshine crowd  don't get butt hurt about reality. Because reality is that we haven't played a game yet. And honestly we could be better than predicted or we could suck at first and improve by seasons end. In either case that would be positive for the future which is what we are talking about.  I will find things to be excited about and enjoy football win or lose. And even if we suck we will continue to find the positive because again that is our attitude which isn't controlled by the results on the field.

So feel free to see crap and II will be glad to let you eat my share of the poo as well.  Because regardless of the outcome I will see the positive and you will see the negative. I see the result and choose to be positive. You see the result and choose to stay negative. Your choice. But to assume optimism and reality aren't connected is totally backwards. It is a lot harder to stay positive when things aren't going well than it is to join the doom and gloom crowd and poo on everything.   And if you can't understand that I don't waste time explaining it since you might lack the capacity it seems for optimism. Or the courage .......

12 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, honestly, who likes sucking? What kind of fan wants this poo? This was why I was so against tearing the team down the way we did. I DO NOT want to have to go through being a dumpster fire. But, here we are, very likely in dumpster fire mode. 

fug this. We can all grin and bear it all we want but NO REAL fuging FAN wanted to see us deconstruct this franchise. It. fuging. Sucks.

You must not have been paying attention. Tons of fans wanted to blow it up. Unless you think they weren't real fans.

42 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

You obviously are so negative and jaded you can't see the obvious. We as the sunshine crowd  don't get butt hurt about reality. Because reality is that we haven't played a game yet. And honestly we could be better than predicted or we could suck at first and improve by seasons end. In either case that would be positive for the future which is what we are talking about.  I will find things to be excited about and enjoy football win or lose. And even if we suck we will continue to find the positive because again that is our attitude which isn't controlled by the results on the field.

So feel free to see crap and II will be glad to let you eat my share of the poo as well.  Because regardless of the outcome I will see the positive and you will see the negative. I see the result and choose to be positive. You see the result and choose to stay negative. Your choice. But to assume optimism and reality aren't connected is totally backwards. It is a lot harder to stay positive when things aren't going well than it is to join the doom and gloom crowd and poo on everything.   And if you can't understand that I don't waste time explaining it since you might lack the capacity it seems for optimism. Or the courage .......

Courage? You mean delusion.

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Courage? You mean delusion.

Like I said you apparently lack the capacity to understand so I won't waste my time. So in your own words, continue to eat poo and be negative. Wouldn't want to stop your fun and taint your reality . LOL

6 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Like I said you apparently lack the capacity to understand so I won't waste my time. So in your own words, continue to eat poo and be negative. Wouldn't want to stop your fun and taint your reality . LOL

Yeah, I mean I am sure schizophrenics are happy with their version of reality too.

Archived