• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeremy Chinn Update : It's good.

Jeremy Igo

not having a specific position to put beside Chinn's name is being overblown a bit imo. the important part is that he's going to be on the field. if there was a single position for "sometimes doing field linebacker coverage things, sometimes doing deep zone things, sometimes carrying a TE or slot receiver down the seam things, sometimes strafing down the LOS and thumping some chump in the running game" things, then that's what he'd be. just my take.

30 minutes ago, vorbis said:

not having a specific position to put beside Chinn's name is being overblown a bit imo. the important part is that he's going to be on the field. if there was a single position for "sometimes doing field linebacker coverage things, sometimes doing deep zone things, sometimes carrying a TE or slot receiver down the seam things, sometimes strafing down the LOS and thumping some chump in the running game" things, then that's what he'd be. just my take.

Agreed. If he can make an impact, that is what you want. I don't care where it is.

Just gonna say, Jamal Adams is considered a “SS” but he very much plays a hybrid position. And a team just gave up 2 first round picks for him while still needing to give him a massive pay day. 

Not comparing Chinn to Adams, just saying that being a hybrid or tweener is not necessarily a bad thing.

12 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm slightly concerned that we don't know where we're going to play him just yet. I hope we put him where we think he's best suited and don't simply try to play him at the position where we need him the most immediately.

I think we're trying to use him like Derwin James, which works. Basiclly a slot DB that moonlights as a WLB. Sometimes he'll be a deep safety in other personnel groups. 

Basically he'll be our buffalo nickel.

Archived