• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule playing 4D Chess

Jeremy Igo

13 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Considering the music was country and 40 years old--I was surprised to see that people who were born before he died were listening to him---crossed some pretty big barriers--race, time, and genre.

Cash is timeless. Bob Dylan as well. 

On 8/25/2020 at 2:06 PM, Devil Doc said:

Because they do, they are all bro city boy country. None of them actually worked on a farm, etc. In Fact, Jinks was a metal singer ( I like metal also). Childers tries to mix Bluegrass and sounds no where near Alison Krauss or Doc Watson. The names you mentioned are supposedly labeled as Outlaw Country, however they are only a fickle of anything like Merle, Nelson, Hank or Cash. I mean they try, atleast. 

What? Tyler Childers lives in a CAMPER in Kentucky.....

4 hours ago, Mol3m4n said:

What? Tyler Childers lives in a CAMPER in Kentucky.....

Ok? He is from Eastern Kentucky? Does that supposedly make his music sound any better or different from Bro Country? I mean some of his songs are OK. He is decent on guitar. I will give him a plus on that. It just seems like it is missing something.. 

On 8/25/2020 at 2:15 PM, Devil Doc said:

However, in case you were wondering. I like a mixture of Trance/Techno/Bass Music, 90s Metal Korn, Staind, etc. ( Octane Sirius XM), 80s metal ( Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Slayer, Anthrax, etc.) I like 80s hair bands favorite is Dokken, Firehouse, Van Halen, Extreme. I listen to Big Band, 80/90s R&B, Florida Beats/Bass, Rockabilly, Jazz, and I like Blues. My Guilty pleasures is 80s/90s Country and Slipknot. I have a very eclectic taste. 

lol at calling this trailer park soundtrack an 'eclectic taste'

On 8/26/2020 at 9:27 PM, 4Corners said:

That country singer on parks and rec - forgot the character’s name - is a great representation of the industry and genre. Hit the nail on the head. 

Yeah, Bo nailed it. I wouldn't throw Stapleton or Simpson into this category necessarily. I think those guys are beholden to the marketing machine to some extent, and just want to play music, not cosplay as 'New Outlaw Country' singers like their labels would like them to. 

When I hear this song I think specifically of those FL/GA Line douchbags, Luke Bryan and Kenny Chesney/Keith Urban(who created the successful template, damn them). Blake Shelton is another one I hate. 

I saw where Luke Bryan 'hunts' with a crossbow. GTFOHWTBS

On 8/28/2020 at 10:04 AM, Crixtala said:

lol at calling this trailer park soundtrack an 'eclectic taste'

I listen to anything from the 1930s and up, varying from a wide array of music. If that is not the definition of eclectic then I do not know what is. 

Archived